Author Topic: Virtual Pin Builder - Moving from UK to Melbourne  (Read 2617 times)

Offline davidgilmore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • United Kingdom
Virtual Pin Builder - Moving from UK to Melbourne
« on: January 01, 2018, 08:27:02 PM »
Hi everyone, Im currently in the UK and moving to the Melbourne area in March with my Australian wife.  I build arcade machines and virtual pinball machines for a living.  Ive built about 30 virtual pins in total.  Most of my machines include DOF (Direct output feedback) so although its a virtual machine, it has mechanical solenoids and shaker motor inside to give owners mechanical feedback.  They are obviously very different to a mechanical machine but have some advantages and disadvantages.

The reason for posting is to really find out from the Australian members : is there a market for high quality virtual pins in Oz?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Virtual Pin Builder - Moving from UK to Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »
Welcome

IMHO, there maybe a small market, but I would not want to try to earn a living off it

most members of this forum are into the history, mechanics, art, of real machines
we all have 'Pinball Arcade' on our mobile phones, but nothing beats the real thing

Offline DallasJ

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Virtual Pin Builder - Moving from UK to Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 09:26:50 PM »
I’d agree with the post above, likely to be a small market and there are a few who tried and stopped.  One guy has been doing it for ages but it’s not his only work.

I’ve built a couple, but use sound feedback, gives good results instead of heaps of solenoids etc.

Good luck and hope it’s going well.