Author Topic: Need Advice on Pool Water Management, First Time For Me  (Read 2654 times)

Offline punkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Need Advice on Pool Water Management, First Time For Me
« on: March 21, 2020, 06:01:53 AM »
Hi all, just after a basic understanding of how to run a spa and treat the water and hoping someone with experience can point me to some accurate and easy to understand info or links.
I've bought a 6 person spa to go in the shed next to my pinballs to cool off in the summertime and don't know the first thing about treating the water except the basic instructions it comes with.
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Check out your local pool shop. Most provide water testing and advice. Chemicals a little dearer than say Bunnings, but likely a privately owned business and worth its weight in salt to have do a fortnightly test and provide what's needed to balance things. Seems daunting at first but gets easier with experience.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Thanks, so not worth getting test strips and working it out yourself?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
https://www.mrpoolman.com.au/products/aussie-gold-4-in-1-test-kit-chlorine-alk-ph-pool-spa-professional-heavy-duty

These kits do the job well. But the pool shop is best for getting the initial balance right, and then the kit tests once a week and pool shop once a month as they check a greater range of things, like phosphate levels.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Thanks mate, going round and round on the net trying to figure out how to fill it for the first time. Some seem way to simple and some needlessly complex.