Author Topic: Incandescent VS LEDs - What are you using ?  (Read 4252 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Incandescent VS LEDs - What are you using ?
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:21:47 PM »
ALL of my games in my personal collection still have standard incandescent globes; #47s mostly, the collection consists of early SS games and one EM atm. I'm a bit hesitant to use LEDs in them but if i did i'd go for warm white ones. I absolutely HATE them on EMs.. well the ones i've seen looked way too bright and gawdy and the flicker drove me mad when trying to play them!!

I'm starting to use a few LEDs on a few customer games if requested. When i did F14 a year ago i used warm white LEDs for all of the GI (under the plastics in the hard to get at areas especially). Fish Tales got a some in it too, and they looked pretty sweet i thought on those two games  *%*

I did a Wms Nags for a customer about five months ago, he'd had it imported from the states and someone had fitted LEDs to pretty much the whole game. They flickered and ghosted like a bastard!! i ended up removing a lot of them and used standard globes for that reason but left a few in place.. especially for the bumpers as i thought they looked better under the bumper caps and brightened them up nicely!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:29:04 PM by Mr Pinbologist »