Author Topic: Bally Solenoid Driver Repair  (Read 12943 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Bally Solenoid Driver Repair
« on: October 18, 2008, 10:57:18 AM »
Where do you guys learn all this stuff? I'm amazed. Does Clay's guide have all this stuff?

Yes - Clay documents troubleshooting this board and the mandatory upgrades.. Clay has been an inspiration to pinheads like myself to get involved with these repairs.

I have been doing board repairs for many years now, and it is not as difficult as it looks. I do have an Electronics background, so it does make it easier.

I guess it would be the responsible thing to alert pinheads that the repair knowledge I want to share is based on experience. I have made many mistakes and that's the best way to learn. Electronics and Electricity are not forgiving, so take care if you want to try this yourself.

^^^

Good Advice. ^^^ Im glad to see this kind of advice, especially regarding high voltages. Im an electronics tech by trade and work with dangerous voltages every day of my life.. plasma tv's, microwave ovens etc, and im all to familiar with how dangerous electricity can be through bitter experience. Ten years ago I ended up in hospital once with burns all over my right hand and will have the scars for the rest of my life.. due to being careless and complacant. But i was VERY lucky.. the path of the electricity went in and came out thru ny right hand, had it exited thru my left hand i would not be writing this now... So please be careful.. id hate to read on here about someone having any kind of accident while working on one of their beloved games