Author Topic: couple of interesting ones for the woodies  (Read 166 times)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: couple of interesting ones for the woodies
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 10:43:09 PM »
Yeah the 1939 has been on and off ebay for about 6 months at that price, maybe too expensive (the both of them)  !@#

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 11:32:24 PM »
Pretty sure I have seen both of those before - obviously priced too high if they are not selling. Still, if they wait long enough appreciation and/or inflation will catch up to them.

Not sure I want a pinball machine that 'erradicates' the ball (see description of second machine); that doesn't sound so good. Must go through a lot of pinballs on that one!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 05:15:43 PM by ajlaird »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:31:57 AM »
The 1939 flipperless machine is way over priced - the dealer that brought these in wanted silly bucks for them. Money was in abundance then and some people did buy some of them at the prices asked. Some of these old flipperless games are only worth a few hundred bucks, not a few thousand. Doesnt matter what pin you buy... you can only pay what YOU are prepared to pay.. a flipperless game is never really an investment.. its for the collection - one for the serious collector who wants  a whole range of eras in the line up.
 I bought 2 flipperless games from the dealer of these at almost half the cost of the asking price on this Ebay auction.
 I bought - STONER ANABEL - why?? its a Stoner and i collect these.. so TO ME its a real gem... thrown in to sweeten the deal was an unknown one by dealer called BUMPER... oh boy, did i snap this deal up... a dealer not knowing what BUMPER is??? LOL!!!!

The german machine????.. an interesting novelty game.. once again - overpriced IMO.. for that price money would be better spent on a 50's GTB title.

Tony??... any thoughts???