Author Topic: White Water or Fishtales  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: White Water or Fishtales
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »

maybe WH20 isnt overrated. But what really bugs me is when I play a machine that people rave about, and after playing it dont like it much. I guess thats my problem though lol and, we do all appreciate different aspects of pinball.
Like to me drop targets on a pin are as good as breasts on chic. They both gotta be there, and have plently of em.
 #*#
But some guys find drop target games boring.
 @.@

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2009, 08:17:42 PM »
Trouble with whitewater is that its so over-rated, so it gets money it dont deserve. Its an OK game but boring in the longer term(the yeti is only cool thing about it lol). FT has an appeal that keeps you coming back. I would own it again but wouldnt own a WH20 (unless it was real cheap).

Its funny how we all have different tastes...........love white water and cant stand fishtales.

Couldn't agree more....Fishtales  (((

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2009, 09:01:34 PM »
It's not gonna help me find a machine, but if we are talking about overated machines, could you guys ever get into The Adams Family? Just never did it for me and its widely regarded as the biggest selling and earning pinny.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2009, 09:08:31 PM »
yeah from what i've seen, TAF is a game you either love or hate! Havent played heaps of games on it but I love it  ^^^

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »
It's not gonna help me find a machine, but if we are talking about overated machines, could you guys ever get into The Adams Family? Just never did it for me and its widely regarded as the biggest selling and earning pinny.

I don't understand how it can be overrated if it was the biggest selling and earning pinny in history  *!@ I reckon TAF deserves it's status, it's fun for beginners, families, amateurs and pros alike.

Matthew

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »

I don't understand how it can be overrated if it was the biggest selling and earning pinny in history  *!@ I reckon TAF deserves it's status, it's fun for beginners, families, amateurs and pros alike.

Matthew

indeed, i personally pumped $400 freakin dollars into it on location during 'the day' -love taf

fish tales is a really good game that id be happy to get cheap..wh2o cheap may mean $$$ in parts of course ?!

both good games.
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 06:13:19 PM »
I will be selling a Whitewater machine in the very near future - probably will be ready next week.

Good - plays really really well.  Above average playfield.  Fully working.  Strong flippers.  LH-6 ROM. 

Bad - I would look at replacing the Disaster Drop ramp at some stage.  Display has some faded lines on initial start up - they come good after about 10-20 secs.  It has a topper but it is very faded - a decal from Treasure Cove would sort that out.  Cabinet has some chunks out of the decals here and there.

I need to take some decent pics of the machine which will be available soon.

I don't know where you are located and what sort of dollars you are looking to spend but just get in touch with me if you're interested.  I am happy to help out if I can.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Zorn

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2009, 07:43:16 AM »
I'd have to vote for WW, have only played it once (At talby's) and seems to be a lot more onvolved than Fish Tales and looks like it would be a better long term pinball  #*#

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »
My vote would be WH2O hands down.  For me it is one of the best all time pins.  Yeah it doesn't have drop targets but it has everything else in a pin on tap.  The rules are deep enough to make Vacation Jackpot bloody hard which keeps you coming back for that one last game.  If you haven't seen the Vacation Jackpot in real life, take the glass off and give the machine a tickle, it's one of the better jackpots I have seen - just turn the machine off at the end of it so you don't save the highest score.

So why am I selling mine I hear you ask?  I love it that much I have two at the moment and sadly I can't keep both - I need the room and $$$$ for another machine.
Addicted to pins.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2009, 09:38:17 AM »
So why am I selling mine I hear you ask?  I love it that much I have two at the moment and sadly I can't keep both - I need the room and $$$$ for another machine.

Wow, you got two of them? You must really like it! What machine are you after next, or is that still undecided?

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »

Wow, you got two of them? You must really like it! What machine are you after next, or is that still undecided?

I've got a wish list as long as my arm but I will just wait and see what comes up at the right time and right price.  Pretty much the reason why I am going to sell the 2nd machine, I want to have the $$$ there at the ready if something does catch my eye.  Gorgar is coming up to my place tomorrow and will be giving all my machines a thorough test so hopefully he will be able to vouch for the machine I will be selling.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »
I recently read an interview with steve ritchie, it was funny considering the games that he has designed and that he believes that the future of pinball should have been a single level 3 ball game without attempting to rely on a license.
I think that the games that are becoming more popular are usually the simpler style of games that have rarely relied on a license. For me I like to look at the way something has been engineered and i find that the style of fishtales is perfect there are no major faults that will cause problems in the future. Just based on a quirky concept and simple pinny fun.

I think considering the wild ramp designs on whitewater it is quite well engineered i have worked on 3 ex sited whitewaters and not one had broken the underplayfield ramp. These were well used machines with large divots on the mini playfield. I have never seen ramps destroyed on a whitewater either.
When you consider the damage that is done to the ramps on an addams family.

I kinda just want to find an ex operated pinny that was never running on site long enough and has a blanking off problem I know its sitting in the corner of a workshop somewhere.
I do like many other late model pinnys, I enojoy playing scared stiff, theatre of magic, getaway. star trek tng, tales of the arabian nights, creature from the black lagoon, attack from mars, terminator 2, world cup soccer, twilight zone.

But i guess i was kinda hoping for someone to say i've got a fishtales here its a mess $1500 come and take it away. I enjoy playing something more when its taken a lot of personal hard work. I don't want to buy a perfect machine or something somebody else has fixed up.
I think i'm probably looking in the wrong place. Eh

Thanks

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 08:42:21 AM »
Yes and no; yes, most of the guys here who might have owned a project WW or FT have most likely done it up themselves by now and it sounds like that is the case. Also I can't imagine what condition a WW would have to be in to go for $1500 but it would either need a new playfield or new electronics, I suppose.

Having said that, if anyone was going to sell a project WW or FT for $1500, you may well find out about it on here first.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »
Yes and no; yes, most of the guys here who might have owned a project WW or FT have most likely done it up themselves by now and it sounds like that is the case. Also I can't imagine what condition a WW would have to be in to go for $1500 but it would either need a new playfield or new electronics, I suppose.

Having said that, if anyone was going to sell a project WW or FT for $1500, you may well find out about it on here first.

i will buy them for that too .  I am sure there are some out there that bad too

mark

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 12:26:21 PM »
I think i'm probably looking in the wrong place. Eh

Ummm, yep

Even though I find FT boring, I would still jump to buy one for $1500 and restore it (then probabally sell it again  *)* )
I don't think anyone on this site is going to offer you a WH20 of FT for 1.5k, because I would have already beat you to those bargains   <.>