Author Topic: White Water or Fishtales  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: White Water or Fishtales
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2009, 09:25:37 PM »
Ummm, yep

Even though I find FT boring, I would still jump to buy one for $1500 and restore it (then probabally sell it again  I don't think anyone on this site is going to offer you a WH20 of FT for 1.5k, because I would have already beat you to those bargains   <.>

Hey Matt,

Obviously you have never tried to get all 3 'tropical jackpots' on FT then  !@#- thats when it goes from 'boring' ( if you choose that term ) to bloody frustrating ^&(

I like FT as a simple game with some decent (albeit a little repetitive) flow - its a great game to have amongst a mix of games when you need a break from a 'thinker'. To own as your ONLY game, maybe not, unless you absolutely LOVE it like a mate of mine does.

Man- those bloody jackpots - one day I will get em all  *)*
DW Drums rule !

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2009, 09:54:13 PM »
Wotto had mine on 5 ball and got super jackpots quite a few times, once you start getting them the adrenaline starts pumping. FT was my only pin so I grew bored of it, now I have a few pins I would love it back (lots around will get one oneday).

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 12:00:58 PM »
Ummm, yep

Even though I find FT boring, I would still jump to buy one for $1500 and restore it (then probabally sell it again  I don't think anyone on this site is going to offer you a WH20 of FT for 1.5k, because I would have already beat you to those bargains   <.>

Hey Matt,

Obviously you have never tried to get all 3 'tropical jackpots' on FT then  !@#- thats when it goes from 'boring' ( if you choose that term ) to bloody frustrating ^&(

I like FT as a simple game with some decent (albeit a little repetitive) flow - its a great game to have amongst a mix of games when you need a break from a 'thinker'. To own as your ONLY game, maybe not, unless you absolutely LOVE it like a mate of mine does.

Man- those bloody jackpots - one day I will get em all  *)*

No I haven't managed to spend that much time on FT (well I have tried), I found the flow fun to begin with but after a couple of dozen games, like you stated I found it too 'repeditive'.
Maybe in a home environment where you can spend time on a quality pin, not a fish n chip shop hacker, my thoughts may change.
I do like having a game in a collection to break from a 'thinker' as you stated, that is where my HS2 fits in.
Maybe you could throw your FT in the ute and bring it down for me to borrow for awhile mate   <.> *)*  *)*

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »
The shop next door to my shop had fishtales in it and my staff and i played it every time we went for lunch. My staff and I would rank it 7 out of 10.
Played White Water I gave it 5 out of 10 mainly because the obstuctive ramp near the left flipper drove me crazy !

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2009, 10:51:42 AM »
Sounds like i'm being unrealistic on Price ^&^
But if i see a super clean semi restored whitewater sell on Ebay for $2500
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150350877893

and i saw a fishtales that is pretty clean sell for $2500
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200338663222
and with most ops stating that $1500 is the minimum price for shopping out a pinny i don't understand why i am so off the pace looking at spending this on a non shopped machine.
I have seen a fishtales sell on ebay for $1666
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150342351281

I have been offered a twilight zone for $2500 which i am starting to think would be a better option than spending $2000 on buying a ft or whitewater... I really want to get my hands dirty.
I am in the funny position of having knocked back operators when i was offered pinnys at cheap prices not 6 months ago{the ol closing down sale}
I am a filthy capitalist, It is a better option dollar wise to buy a clean whitewater or fishtales from looking at these two ebay sales than to buy a unshopped one for $2000
But maybe at $2500 twilight zone is a better option

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »
TZ at $2500 is pretty good - they usually sell for around $4K plus. It depends on what you need to spend to do it up.

The problem with eBay is that the prices can sometimes be inflated by people who must have a pin without thinking realistically about what it might be worth. And if you say 'project pin', it can trigger off the brain's bargain receptors, even if the price is unrealistic.

A lot of dealers get pins as trade-ins and so are picking them up for a better price than you or I can get without doing a lot of searching. Say they are offering a trade-in of $1000 to $1500 and then shopping it, their pricing will start at $2500 to $3000, which sounds about right.

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »
If the TZ is complete and just needs a tidy up it is a great price. I'd grab it while you can, you don't see them that cheap these days

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2009, 10:02:20 PM »
I found a fishtales just the way i want it just in the wrong country!

http://cgi.ebay.de/FLIPPER-FISH-THALES_W0QQitemZ300325515601QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomaten?hash=item45eccbb151&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1229%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Check it out

One day i will stumble across a machine in the back of a garage all nasty and dirty. Ebays all over the world seem to get them but not ebay aus  !!!

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 10:39:24 AM »
nice colour in that one too
would owe you around 2000 - 2500 ish landed I would guess depending on taxes

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 02:31:58 PM »
nice colour in that one too
would owe you around 2000 - 2500 ish landed I would guess depending on taxes

Tell me about it... Makes buying one in good nick from you a much better option!!!
It's just that i do want something that needs work, I've called a lot of the ex-ops i know that are no longer operating machines and a few have had nasty machines in the corner that have never worked right. But not titles that i like.
I've been offered a twilight zone that i think is at the right price, but its a little more than i have available to spend at the moment so i'm probably going to sell a couple of video cabinets and go for that. But i'm not 100% sure that it is a game i would keep playing at home. I'm still trying to find a machine on site that works to try it out.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 03:13:29 PM »

I think the TZ at the price you said would be great
I have a working FT but not reco  or anything  for 2500.00 here

but A tz is much better

mark

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 08:30:37 PM »
Saving up as we speak. Still not 100% sure as i haven't played a good working machine. But i know it will be a better decision

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 10:18:53 PM »
Difinately play TZ before you finally decide to purchase it, sounds like a good deal @ $2,500 for a popular title..
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline DARBS

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2009, 12:04:27 PM »
I went and bought a JP off a guy yesterday. He also has a Fishtales that he wants to sell. The playfield looked like it was in excellent condition with no wear and looked very coloufull. It probably needs a good clean and re-rubber. He said everything worked 100% on it. The cabinet you would want to get your hands busy and put a full Decal kit on it.
If anyone is interested then let me know and I can go take photos for you. I can help out with getting it to a freight company also

Offline Red Series 3

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »
Mmmm sounds interesting...
I actually like the i've been knocked about and left in the sunlight look.
Shows that its got some history and generally been enjoyed.
I'll send you a p.m if you could forward me the details i'd be stoked.