Author Topic: When Im Gone  (Read 425 times)

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
When Im Gone
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:45:58 PM »
Ok I have mentioned this before but when I go I wanna be buried in one of my machines.

With the Backbox as the tomb stone.  Two Player with Player 1 score on 1965 (year of birth) and Player 2 on year of death.

Of course the Game Over light would be flashing.  The way Im putting on weight latley might have to bee a widebody machine  :lol

Is this weird??

PS. This is a joke by the way *)*
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: When Im Gone
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »
.... sigh..... another machine goes to the dump

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 08:49:51 PM »
Ok I have mentioned this before but when I go I wanna be buried in one of my machines.

With the Backbox as the tomb stone.  Two Player with Player 1 score on 1965 (year of birth) and Player 2 on year of death.

Of course the Game Over light would be flashing.  The way Im putting on weight latley might have to bee a widebody machine  :lol

Is this weird??

As long as you cover the top with dirt I can't see an issue with it.  However if you want everyone to look down, through the playfield glass this may be a little unsettling to some!

I do like the idea. 

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:58:59 PM »

Is this weird??

Like your thinking, instead of an open coffin, just have me visable through the playfield glass.  Just have to make sure Tony (illawara stealers) is no where around cause he would smash the glass on me :lol

As long as you cover the top with dirt I can't see an issue with it.  However if you want everyone to look down, through the playfield glass this may be a little unsettling to some!

I do like the idea. 

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:01:44 PM »
.... sigh..... another machine goes to the dump

Or I could be stuffed and left in it and hung on Daniels (DDTOYS) games room wall  *)*

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
I think it is a great idea. The playfield glass would be great for those wanting a viewing before you go into the grave.
Wouldn't it be good to see a cemetery with an Anglican section, Catholic section, Jewish section, then a Pinballist Section, with the backboxes (or granite reproductions of same) all lined up....
I don't think I could bear a cremation - to see a good cabinet go up in smoke would make the whole occasion even sadder.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline pinball-collector

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 09:43:57 PM »
Its a good idea,,but l thought of the same thing a while ago,,,but having one carved out of marble,, the first pinball l owned was a Outer Space,, was made in 1972,,,the same year l was hatched.. #*#

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 09:48:11 PM »
get burried in a Gtb EM and I will rob ya grave  *%*

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 09:49:44 PM »
get burried in a Gtb EM and I will rob ya grave  *%*

What you will take my Balls!  *)*

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 10:07:24 PM »
as long as they not be the one dollar cheap-ass ones!  <.>

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 10:21:40 PM »
Yeah Ill hang you on the games room wall so long as its a good title machine

Offline MrMaloo

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 02:53:51 AM »
I think it's a great idea Dean .... In fact I can see the funeral now ... Everyone paying there respects with heads bowed ... and the group of AP members with shovels at the ready to reclaim that "coffin".....  %.%

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »
I think it's a great idea Dean .... In fact I can see the funeral now ... Everyone paying there respects with heads bowed ... and the group of AP members with shovels at the ready to reclaim that "coffin".....  %.%
Someone might turn up and kick the shit out of your gravesite in a ritual performed to resurrect you.
This is the origin of the term "Death Save"  :D
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 01:31:34 PM »
Every time i have a pin cabinet stripped down (in the middle of a rebuild) i say the same thing to my wife. we dont need to buy a coffin, we can use a pinball cabinet.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)