Author Topic: Pro Football is up for sale on ebay!!!  (Read 1146 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Re: Pro Football is up for sale on ebay!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
I don't think this game is worth what they are asking - and the reason is the lack of paint on the cab.

It's OK to think that doesn't cost much in materials but it's a massive job.

The backglass is very faded also

Offline Ric

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 12:56:29 PM »
pro football has very detailed side art

I wouldn't want to try and recreate that - the helmets would be a nightmare as they are not perfect shapes

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 01:27:10 PM »
I don't think this game is worth what they are asking - and the reason is the lack of paint on the cab.

I told him it would be very costly to restore the cabinet, and the price is to high, he seems to think differently.

this is his response.

Ian

"This does not mean that a certain pin is worth less.The pinball price guide has Pro Football listed at $600US.It has gone up each of the last 3 years.The rule of thumb with the price guide is to convert to Aus dollars then double it for the rarity of Pinnies in Australia compared to America.
It has over 30 watchers aleady with 2 people asking for shipping prices.One has said he will 'but it now' if I organise freight,which I clearly stated pick up only,but the option is there.If you look on Ebay at the moment there a few EM's that don't work with $500 start price/bids so considering the exceptional condition of the backglass and playfield and the fact it's so good mechanically I reckon it's worth that but we are all entitled to our own opinion."

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »

I told him it would be very costly to restore the cabinet, and the price is to high, he seems to think differently.

this is his response.

Ian

"This does not mean that a certain pin is worth less.The pinball price guide has Pro Football listed at $600US.It has gone up each of the last 3 years.The rule of thumb with the price guide is to convert to Aus dollars then double it for the rarity of Pinnies in Australia compared to America.
It has over 30 watchers aleady with 2 people asking for shipping prices.One has said he will 'but it now' if I organise freight,which I clearly stated pick up only,but the option is there.If you look on Ebay at the moment there a few EM's that don't work with $500 start price/bids so considering the exceptional condition of the backglass and playfield and the fact it's so good mechanically I reckon it's worth that but we are all entitled to our own opinion."

Seller is on a different planet.

For a Pinball theme that is not even part of our culture in Australia, there were PLENTY of Pro Footballs exported to Australia. The comparison to the US market is very different. Right now - that machine would sell for around US$150 MAX.

I'd give him $250 for that machine - if I was in a good mood ! you are looking at a lot of hours and expense to paint the cabinet

BTW - That backglass has had some fading in it - Typically the Red fades.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

pinballist

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »
The rule of thumb with the price guide is to convert to Aus dollars then double it for the rarity of Pinnies in Australia compared to America."

Rules of Thumb are all well and good, however, at the end of the day it's the market that decides what something is worth - sans uneducated eBay sellers & bidders of course  !@#

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

The pinball price guide has Pro Football listed at $600US.It has gone up each of the last 3 years.The rule of thumb with the price guide is to convert to Aus dollars then double it for the rarity of Pinnies in Australia compared to America.

Crap. Never heard of such a "Rule of thumb".

It all boils down to if someone bites. Good for him. If it ends with no bidders?. It's clearly over priced.

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2009, 01:54:15 PM »
I like your price much better Nino, ill take two thanks :lol :lol :lol

Ian

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »

Seller is on a different planet.

For a Pinball theme that is not even part of our culture in Australia, there were PLENTY of Pro Footballs exported to Australia. The comparison to the US market is very different. Right now - that machine would sell for around US$150 MAX.

I'd give him $250 for that machine - if I was in a good mood ! you are looking at a lot of hours and expense to paint the cabinet

BTW - That backglass has had some fading in it - Typically the Red fades.

Well that's it really.

Going back to that Gorgar for $3500. If you do a simple google search for Gorgar price check in the US on RGP. A really top shelf one will set you back no more than $1300, and that's from a dealer.

So using that logic. If the Gorgar was priced at $1800 - $2000 BIN, it should fly out the door.

Offline Ric

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 02:05:17 PM »
oh well

he is entitled to try and sell it for $1200 - if he does  - good for him - I wouldn't pay that with a repspray on my hands - and I am a HUGE NFL fan too so would be happy to put work in for restore of any football related game

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »
I'll take a bet no one bids on it !

Offline jyebow

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland, NSW
  • GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle,
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 08:02:25 PM »

this is his response.

Ian

Check the response , What a Laugh ! So what if it has 30 watchers, I'm watching it & I'm not even thinking of bidding, I'm just interested to see what it /or if it sells for.
"rule of thumb"  !!@
GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle, Data East Lethal Weapon 3

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 08:26:26 PM »
If it was in Sydney it may have sold by now, being in Tassie hurts its chances heaps.

Offline 63wizz

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
    • My Pinball Collection
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 08:30:15 PM »
Any one else sent a message saying its to much, and not a sought after game in Australia.

Ian

pinballist

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 08:47:29 PM »
Any one else sent a message saying its to much, and not a sought after game in Australia.
Ian

Do ya reckon if we all e-mailed him and told him that the price was too steep it might alter his thinking?  Can you imagine getting like 30 or 40 e-mails all telling you that your price is too high!  I'd like to be a fly on the wall in that house he he he :)

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 09:39:11 PM »

Ian

I'll send my standard " You're dreamin' "
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.