Author Topic: what was the first pinball you owned  (Read 6357 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: what was the first pinball you owned
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2009, 11:32:44 PM »
My 1st Pin was  a Williams Blue Chip about 3 1/2 years ago (still have it) .. played it to death for several months then thought a second one would be good .. now have 6 (averaging about 2 a year) and still want more.
Damn I sure wish I started this hobby about 20 years ago though!
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »
My 1st Pin was  a Williams Blue Chip about 3 1/2 years ago (still have it) .. played it to death for several months then thought a second one would be good .. now have 6 (averaging about 2 a year) and still want more.
Damn I sure wish I started this hobby about 20 years ago though!

Still plenty of time and opportunity out there !

I bought / traded NINE machines last year and sold THREE. I don't think I will do anywhere that amount of "shifting" this year !

You just need some good fortune
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline acejas

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2009, 08:34:16 PM »
1977 (?) High Hand

Won it in a local arcade competition. I was 13 at the time and there was some angry adults that couldnt believe my score. Highest score for 3 months won the machine. Still remember I clocked it with a final score of 121,000. My first score was 76k in the first month, 3 weeks left in the competition and some bloke scored 80+ odd. I didnt spend a huge fortune but was so glad I got that score. Lucky the operator was there (got my mates to call him) when I was approaching the clocking. A proud moment with my mates when it was delivered and stuck in my room. I remember taking the glass off the first time and it was unreal LOL. Fast forward 36 years and I BOUGHT my first pin - LW3 which is still there for restoration. Going to my first AA meet just gave me the bug   

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2009, 08:59:08 PM »
My first was IJ, would have polished the thing inside and out a hundred times in the first month I had it. My absolute pride and joy. Still gets played every couple of days too. Will never part with it unless I'm inside it on the way into the ground. I think everyone holds a special attachment to their first one.

stuba

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2009, 11:56:57 PM »
demo man. still got it and love it.  ^^^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2009, 12:03:57 AM »
1977 (?) High Hand

Won it in a local arcade competition. I was 13 at the time and there was some angry adults that couldnt believe my score. Highest score for 3 months won the machine. Still remember I clocked it with a final score of 121,000. My first score was 76k in the first month, 3 weeks left in the competition and some bloke scored 80+ odd. I didnt spend a huge fortune but was so glad I got that score. Lucky the operator was there (got my mates to call him) when I was approaching the clocking. A proud moment with my mates when it was delivered and stuck in my room. I remember taking the glass off the first time and it was unreal LOL. Fast forward 36 years and I BOUGHT my first pin - LW3 which is still there for restoration. Going to my first AA meet just gave me the bug   

What a great story - post of the week right there!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2009, 11:55:51 AM »
My first Pin was the bk
paid $450 for it in 1987
sorry about the crappy photo
notice the custom ramps amd drop targets
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2009, 04:27:01 PM »
I swapped the Mame machine I built for my first pin....It was a TOTEM...great game...friends down the road have it now...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2009, 09:38:33 PM »
My 1st machine was a Last Lap by Playmatic

What a pile of crap sold it within weeks, decided to up the spend and get a real - later model pin.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »
1st machine was a `300` gottlieb. payed $250 when i was 13 yrs old in 1978.saved my paper money wages.my dad sold it in 1983 for $250.to his mate,so i sold his eight ball table for a slab of beer.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2009, 10:09:53 PM »
Nice work studley My old man sold my XA coupe so im waiting to claim some of his cars lol

Offline pinballowner

• Forum Posts:
  • Qld south of Brisbane
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2009, 10:44:02 PM »
Mine was a Gottlieb Mustang back in about 1987. Swapped it for a cocktail that I paid $100 for.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
Video game for a pinball now thats a great swap i wouldnt even think twice about it

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2009, 10:00:40 PM »
Gottlieb Centigrade 37 (1976)
Bought it about 30 years ago from a mate who operated, then gave up the biz in disgust at the damge his pins sustained from kids. Paid him $100 including getting it fully working. It sat in the old colorbond shed for abt 25 years and was loved and played intensely. Interest waned towards the end . . . . then I discovered TAF (shock,horror fark! I hear the retro guys saying) Nowadays DMD's blow my skirt up - although I did manage to get a damn near pristine C37 backglass at auction, framed it in a mock wedgie box and look at it with a bitter tear in the eye.
Miss the good old "ding dingeddy ding ding clackety clack" Now I occasionally play friends EM's so all is not lost.
Max
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »
Centigrade 37 Nice first machine and the price was good too.