Author Topic: Oz pinball museum  (Read 501 times)

Offline v200juke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Oz pinball museum
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:10:30 PM »
Hello does anyone have recent info on Alan Tates project in QLD. I am sure we all hope this gets movin`. Over 1500 coin op machines  Thanks, Mark.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: Oz pinball museum
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:27:34 PM »
Hey Mark, good to see another newy member on AP. Pretty sure someone gave an update recently? Tony may know.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:36:09 PM »
Alan is now concentrating on the museum full time.... plans are going through council and building will start asap

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »
Alan Tate was at the Pinball Expo dinner, but unfortunately he didn't get up and speak about the project.

However, others did speak briefly plus some have given snippets of information on this forum and this is what we have gleaned:

1. Land has been purchased in or around Mt Tamborine (about 35km west of the Gold Coast). The site will allow the rest of the family to be dropped off at one of the amusement parks while those who want to can go to the pinball museum for the day.
2. Alan has 2000 pinball machines, and they are being checked over and repaired by a pinball technician in Queensland.
3. Alan was leaving his current job at the start of June to concentrate on the museum.
4. Rarer machines will not be available to play except by special arrangement, but most machines will be able to be played.
5. It has been mooted that once built, the museum will be the venue for future Australian Pinball Expos.

That's what I can recall so far.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:49:12 AM »
Alan Tate was at the Pinball Expo dinner, but unfortunately he didn't get up and speak about the project.

However, others did speak briefly plus some have given snippets of information on this forum and this is what we have gleaned:

1. Land has been purchased in or around Mt Tamborine (about 35km west of the Gold Coast). The site will allow the rest of the family to be dropped off at one of the amusement parks while those who want to can go to the pinball museum for the day.
2. Alan has 2000 pinball machines, and they are being checked over and repaired by a pinball technician in Queensland.
3. Alan was leaving his current job at the start of June to concentrate on the museum.
4. Rarer machines will not be available to play except by special arrangement, but most machines will be able to be played.
5. It has been mooted that once built, the museum will be the venue for future Australian Pinball Expos.

That's what I can recall so far.

Awesome info thanks-it was a shame he didn't speak at Expo but carn't wait for the Museum.

Peter

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 10:19:24 PM »
 %)% Mark, how bout a post in the 'introduce yourself' section mate  $!&

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:28 AM »
Hello does anyone have recent info on Alan Tates project in QLD. I am sure we all hope this gets movin`. Over 1500 coin op machines  Thanks, Mark.

Make that 2,000 pinballs + arcade EM games.

Around 200 pinballs fully rebuilt and restored - Lee Feldwick from Pinball Rescue has been working fulltime on these games.

I plan to catch up with Lee in a few weeks and look forward to catching up with him and getting the latest on both Alan's Pinball Museum and also Pinball Rescue  *%*

Also it goes without saying Aussie Pinball will get the exclusive there on both these topics  ^^^

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 12:50:53 AM »
Its great this project is slowly moving along, I look forward to visiting the museum when finished

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 10:22:13 AM »
Yeah, with most of my relatives back in Queensland or planning to be it will be a good chance to visit the museum every now and then.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »
I can't wait to this museum opens as its aprox 25mins drive from my place
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline pinballowner

• Forum Posts:
  • Qld south of Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 07:28:20 PM »
Will be good being only half an hour down the road and up the hill  :D especially as we already go up there regularly. @@*

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 12:18:36 PM »

Rome was not built in one day - I look forward to hearing the progress of this venture - I'm hearing positive news and things are moving ahead - which is good news for everyone.

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 12:45:45 PM »
You can believe that the Wise Men from the West will be making the pilgrimage across thousands of K's to visit the museum when it's open. We can't wait to see it! This is wonderful news for all of us.  #*# #*# #*# #*# #*# #*#
"I don't operate on a level playing field"