Author Topic: 1979 Dick Smith Catalogue Games Page  (Read 3001 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: 1979 Dick Smith Catalogue Games Page
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 03:09:27 PM »
Some cool gear there.  Awesome am/fm portable radio only 49.95 bargain  *)*

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »
Given that you have the 1983 DSE catalogue, throw up a couple of pics of the VZ200 pages!

Marty Machine

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
and the VZ300  #@#

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2009, 06:50:49 PM »

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2009, 07:01:01 PM »
Given that you have the 1983 DSE catalogue, throw up a couple of pics of the VZ200 pages!

pinballist

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
Computer manufacturers sure got away with a lot of stuff in their print ads.
Enjoy!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »

Now that's what I'm talking about! My first computer.

Marty Machine

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »
heheheheh i HATED those keys, although my mate had the 200, and i hung out for the 300 with 'real' keys....

I still have a box of 200/300s here.....

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 10:52:48 PM »
heheheheh i HATED those keys, although my mate had the 200, and i hung out for the 300 with 'real' keys....

I still have a box of 200/300s here.....

Yeah, like I said, if you ever want to move them on talk to me first. I collect them. You don't have a disk drive by any chance?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2009, 10:57:19 PM »
Wow they are great adds i remember when i was about 10 the commodore????  64 maybe  that ran off the old cassete tapes i remember pit fall followed by "WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU DOING OUT OF BED"  LOL those were the days.  LMFAO now when i pick the retirement home. lol and his mate wants me to find him a cheap PINBALL lol Good luck.....   Any one got one i can buy for $50 and sell to him for $1500 ill split the profits

Marty Machine

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »
Yeah, like I said, if you ever want to move them on talk to me first. I collect them. You don't have a disk drive by any chance?

I never had the diskdrive for the VZ's, i think i have a memory expander (a whole 34kb hehehe).
I solely bought my vz300 along with the RTTY kit to use with my scanner back in the day.

I know a guy down at Traralgon who has a crate of VZ's, about 50+ of them all versions.
He has a HUUUGE shed in the backyard and owns just about EVERY computer ever made.....seriously!

He even has the prototype Commodore"65" (yep, 65, not 64)....which was eventually released as ....drum roll....the Amiga !!

Well worth the drive to see his stuff. he has around 50 of everything, no effort to find a spare drive or cable or software.

MM.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 12:31:52 AM »

I never had the diskdrive for the VZ's, i think i have a memory expander (a whole 34kb hehehe).
I solely bought my vz300 along with the RTTY kit to use with my scanner back in the day.

I know a guy down at Traralgon who has a crate of VZ's, about 50+ of them all versions.
He has a HUUUGE shed in the backyard and owns just about EVERY computer ever made.....seriously!

He even has the prototype Commodore"65" (yep, 65, not 64)....which was eventually released as ....drum roll....the Amiga !!

Well worth the drive to see his stuff. he has around 50 of everything, no effort to find a spare drive or cable or software.

MM.

Well send me the contact details for this guy at Traralgon!! I would love to get in touch with him.

Marty Machine

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 01:29:27 AM »
His name is Anthony Beckett, and his webpage is: http://www.thepcmuseum.com/

Go to the "About Me" link along the bottom of the main page, and then scroll down the bottom of the 'about me' page for an insight into his shed back in 2001.....

I was there in 2005 and it was 'fuller' than the pics heheehehe.

He's a great guy, knows EVERYTHING about Everything with computers, who/when/where....

If you think you have an interest in computers, or know a lot about them, you're kidding yourself...this guy is king!! hehehehe.

I should get down there again sometime and have a decent look thru his stuff again...as far as i knew (back in 2005) just about EVERY computer on the benches are fully operational.
The computers in crates under the benches are spares to keep the bench ones alive.

Enjoy!
MM.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 09:30:15 AM »
Thanks for that, looks very interesting. I will have to get out there some time.

Offline Nug

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
  • NPC non-factory CEO
    • Coconut Island
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »
all i know is the 1540 disk drive for the vic20 was nearly as slow as the 'datasette' .. you still had to start loading before tea for playing said game after tea  <.>

oh and who in there right mind would risk there business data on a vz200.. for shits sake  ^&^

door wedge ?   *%*
oh my mistake.. you are wrong !