Author Topic: Backglass sizes???HELP...  (Read 1495 times)

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
Re: Backglass sizes???HELP...
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2009, 06:50:58 PM »
YES...Wayne said refund....told me to send it back...so seems like its a no win for me and Wayne...It would have looked GREAT but not to be it seems...CPR are partly to blame as well...just a bummer it wouldnt fit..the glass was alot thinner than the original as well...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2009, 06:52:07 PM »
Mate - to do it properly you would need to remove the backbox - and router that existing channel out further - then for the ends where toe router wont get to you would need to manually dremel those last sections out - Then possibly move / re-adjust all the score displays.........what a massive task for something you paid GOOD money for and is just meant to 'drop in' ........did someone say REFUND  #@#

Agree Wotto on your last line....

Paul, you should ask for a full refund, end of story.

Mate you are one of the nicest guys I have ever met, don't take the BS from this guy, get your money back.

If you have to go through all the hassle of making all those changes to your game with the very good chance it wont work.

Also - everytime you look at that game it will p*ss you off (just like those KISS bumper caps)  :lol

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2009, 06:54:42 PM »
Well im glad sanity prevailed but in saying that... if you're bummed about not having a new backglass, did you wanna try the router option. I can bring one along the next time i see ya? Scary prospect though i must admit

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »
So happy for you mate.

Out of interest does he have any of the glasses that are the correct size?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »
Mate, I'm sure the local guys appreciate the heads up. Are you planning on a post on RGP?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2009, 07:15:58 PM »
Wayne said sorry about it and that all the flash backglasses are the same...not sure about the other that they make...would be best to put sizes on the listings or if anyone is planning on buying one I would as for sizes first...the artwork is great on it though...bummer I couldnt get it to fit thats all...not going to hack my machine to bits trying...will put the old one back in...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2009, 07:24:46 PM »
PICS....

Old Glass....look at window measurments...10.5 to the edge of the window

New glass...11 to the edge

NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2009, 07:27:03 PM »
also notice the bigger amount of clear glass at the bottom..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2009, 07:31:43 PM »
Don't know if this is a stupid suggestion but are you able to have the glass cut along the bottom to make it fit?

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
yeah I asked CPR that....cant be done...its tempered...it will just smash to bits...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:28 PM »
Expensive wall hangings.  CPR should do another run of these.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2009, 08:29:55 PM »

I think the issue here is that the glass was intentionally made larger, and it will not fit 25% of the machines produced. A shame really.

You would think the right thing to do would be to state that fact on CPR's site (as suggested previously), and in the Auctions.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2009, 08:36:18 PM »
yep anyway have been offered a refund so all is not lost...not worth hacking my pin up for it...
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »

I think the issue here is that the glass was intentionally made larger, and it will not fit 25% of the machines produced. A shame really.

You would think the right thing to do would be to state that fact on CPR's site (as suggested previously), and in the Auctions.

Agreed, it needs to be 'Fit for Purpose' by law.  To advertise something as a geniuine replacement and its not even the same size is nothing short of misleading wheather intentional or not.  By all means sell them but the size should be clearly stated along with a statement that there has been a problem fitting these to 25% of the machines out there.  Seem crazy to me.  Hope future eBay of this item states the problem clearly.

Wayne will probably change his listings now that he is aware.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2009, 08:47:27 PM »
The 25% of Flash games is bull.

The glass was ordered at the wrong size and it was decided to run with it. The punching through the screen is a load of crock. Im guessing here that no other CPR glasses have this oddity??

A little about screening glass...

chances are that the screening table is a vacuum fit - in other words the glass is sucked tight to the table by a vacuum and held in place. However, registration has to be kept at all times and to do this, it is normal to have some sort of framing that the glass sits in.  The frame would be made to the same thickness as the glass to prevent damage to the screen itself when squeedjying. Were i doing these glasses then common sense would have a frame at the start of squeedjy to prevent whats been described in the reply from CPR. A simple corner angle at one top edge would have the glass snug - sometimes this isnt necessary if the vacuum table is a good strong one.

Its not a bad reply from CPR - but i wouldnt be taking any of it in - the run was a cock up and they decided to float them on the market regardless... i mean after all...... you are VERY grateful for anything arent you?