Author Topic: Games room wall deco  (Read 2259 times)

Offline Replicas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • North West England
Games room wall deco
« on: June 13, 2009, 10:22:11 AM »
Hi Guys
Just a couple of pictures of the deco on the games room wall. I am sure that most of you have something similar, The collection is flyer's with there promo plastics all Bally/Williams from 89 to 2000 and I am only a couple short of every pin made between those years, Should have the full set soon.
Sorry for the wait,
Still can't get the photos to upload so here is a link.
http://ukpinball.wetpaint.com/photos/album/115151/Replicas
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:43:16 PM by Replicas »

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Games room wall deco
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 10:25:08 AM »
Hi replicas,

Can't open the attached pics??? !@#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 10:26:39 AM »
same !@#

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
Yeah, something went wrong with the attachments. They are HTML files, not pictures.

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
Trying to sort out , but I'm not the best with bloody computers
Keeps telling me the file is to big to send the pictures????????????? ARGGG!!!!
Give me a pinball anyday, I know how they work.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 10:54:17 AM by Replicas »

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »
Its 1.00am here in the U.K. and I can't seem to suss this out will try again tomorrow when my brain,s had a rest, and please don't anyone say 'what brain'. Like I said I am hopeless with these flippin computers.

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
The link at the top of the post is now sorted sorry for the delay. #*#
What kinda stuff's on your guys games room wall's?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:47:00 PM by Replicas »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 10:43:34 PM »
Nice work, glad you sorted it out in the end as this was well worth a look.

I didn't realise that there were promo plastics for virtually each machine; I noticed in particular that you have a Mousin' Around! flyer as I acquired one recently through eBay (I think it was $2 plus postage). I thought that as I had the machine it would be nice to get the flyer as well. The only problem with mounting the flyers like that is that you can't read the reverse side, but I am yet to think of a good way to do this myself. Maybe I should track down one for DH as well.

Is it hard to pick up the promo plastics? These would often be speaker cut-outs, would they?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 10:55:00 PM »
Thats a great collection you have there like Andrew im suprised at how many promo platics there were.     As fo displaying your mousing around one andrew try and find a Coke menu display thing that way to see the reverse you can just turn it around

Offline Replicas

• Forum Posts:
  • North West England
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 11:00:06 PM »
Nice work, glad you sorted it out in the end as this was well worth a look.

I didn't realise that there were promo plastics for virtually each machine; I noticed in particular that you have a Mousin' Around! flyer as I acquired one recently through eBay (I think it was $2 plus postage). I thought that as I had the machine it would be nice to get the flyer as well. The only problem with mounting the flyers like that is that you can't read the reverse side, but I am yet to think of a good way to do this myself. Maybe I should track down one for DH as well.

Is it hard to pick up the promo plastics? These would often be speaker cut-outs, would they?
If you want to look at both sides of the flyer buy two and show both sides. I started by doing this but realized that I would not have enough wall space so stuck with one side and the plastics.
Promo plastic do still come up for sale and the majority are cheap to buy apart from some of the rarer titles like Scared Stiff which there are two key rings and both fetch over $70us each,The majority of the promo plastic are like you say speaker cut outs and range in price from a couple of dollars each up to $60us a pair.
Start with the cheap one and you can build yourself a nice little collection. You can sometimes pick up a collection that someone is selling with a range of promo plastics for little money.
Glad you liked the pic's

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 11:26:46 PM »
Thats a great collection you have there like Andrew im suprised at how many promo platics there were.     As fo displaying your mousing around one andrew try and find a Coke menu display thing that way to see the reverse you can just turn it around

I guess you could also make your own frame up using two pieces of glass instead of one, somehow.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »
Mate that looks great,  that has taken some time?  #*#
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 02:48:43 PM »
Wow. What a great array of framed memorabilia & posters etc. Framing costs a bomb in this country, but it really sets off a collection. I especially like your cool CFTBL display. I'm turning a lighter shade of pale green with envy.  ^^^
Max
"I don't operate on a level playing field"