Author Topic: Funhouse  (Read 1451 times)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Funhouse
« on: June 14, 2009, 10:02:44 AM »
As you guys know real old EMs are my thing but I would like to get some DMD pins in the gamesroom. So over the next 6 months or so will be on the hunt for 5 or 6 new games from that era. This is one game that I would really like.

So the question is: are there many Funhouses kicking about and what sort of price is a good one going for these days?

Who would of thought  #@#

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: Funhouse
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 10:04:59 AM »
As you guys know real old EMs are my thing but I would like to get some DMD pins in the gamesroom. So over the next 6 months or so will be on the hunt for 5 or 6 new games from that era.

So the question is: are there many Funhouses kicking about and what sort of price is a good one going for these days?

Who would of thought  #@#

Mate, who the F**K are you and what have you done with Tony?  You cyber hackers are good, but if you new Tony, you would know he would never write crap like this.. *)*
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:09:57 AM »
Have been toying with the idea for a few months and thought having 6 of them would make the gamesroom a bit more 'fun' for people that enjoy playing pinball from the more modern era.

I also enjoy playing games from this era and the famous Rollerball meets have converted me to these types of games

Have owned around 15 games from the 1990s over the years and some of them just blew while others were really cool such as CFTBL

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 10:18:15 AM »
Yeah a cross section is good I agree.

My teenage kids and their freinds will only play the 90s pins I have, to them the others are just to old and slow with not enough going on.

So it is good to have a little from each era I rekon.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
Great choice of game. I have a beautiful FH (which I was playing just before checking AP) and thinking about just how much fun that game is. Same sort of level of fun as CFTBL IMO, perhaps just a tad better game play wise in some ways, but the music/theme on CFTBL is slightly more appealing.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 11:15:53 AM »
As you guys know real old EMs are my thing but I would like to get some DMD pins in the gamesroom. So over the next 6 months or so will be on the hunt for 5 or 6 new games from that era. This is one game that I would really like.

Tony w'atcha been smoking :D  I am in a similar boat with all my games being early Solid State. Maybe one day I will get a DMD, but at the moment I enjoy playing other people's.

Funhouse is actually alphanumeric @.@  I have only seen one for sale in WA, but hear there are a few kicking around.

cheers
Ian

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 12:14:57 PM »

You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a FH - But the main issue will be its condition. As they were such an awesome pinball, operators used to leave them on location as they were good money makers. So in some cases, the playfields were very worn.

But good ones are out there !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 12:48:20 PM »
So what prices do they go for in really good nick?

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 01:19:08 PM »
3k is the short answer. Could be found cheaper.

pinballist

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
I totally love FH :) The one at the Expo auction went for $1,700+12% buyer's premium.  Though I didn't get a play on it because it was out of order at the time :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 07:38:06 PM »
Sorry guys..its all my fault...
Too much playtime on the ROADSHOW Friday night hey Tony..lol..you guys should have seen him go..
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 07:53:30 PM »
Sorry guys..its all my fault...
Too much playtime on the ROADSHOW Friday night hey Tony..lol..you guys should have seen him go..

I want that Roadshow also  *%*

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 08:14:05 PM »
If you need to clear a bit of room in your games room for these new fandagle pins, let me know and I'll take some of those EMs off your hands!!! %.%
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 08:18:10 PM »
If you need to clear a bit of room in your games room for these new fandagle pins, let me know and I'll take some of those EMs off your hands!!! %.%

Mark,

You know the size of my gamesroom.... would get another 20 pins in there  *%*

Going out now to figure out what to do next  &&

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:05 PM »

Haha - I DID see him go - he loved that Roadshow - he looked like a fish out of water but.......
Tony - come play my Funhouse anytime you want mate - but you'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands :lol
DW Drums rule !