Author Topic: Cursed's Games Room Meet - November 2019  (Read 22111 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Cursed's Games Room Meet - November 2019
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 10:36:30 PM »
I had a great night catching up with people and playing some really great machines. Thanks for the invite Michael - I enjoyed the evening. Tron was UNBELIEVABLY free for most of the Night as @pinball god  obviously was pre occupied with something else ? Dialed In REALLY surprised me. Fantastic machine. Thanks again and see you next year !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 10:09:16 AM »
photos?
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 06:35:32 PM »
I had a great night catching up with people and playing some really great machines. Thanks for the invite Michael - I enjoyed the evening. Tron was UNBELIEVABLY free for most of the Night as @pinball god  obviously was pre occupied with something else ? Dialed In REALLY surprised me. Fantastic machine. Thanks again and see you next year !

This year seemed less crowded than last year, even though we actually had a couple more than last year. I think having the Haggis boys in the garage really helped spread people out.

Glad to hear you got to play Tron, Rob clearly must have been distracted by something! Still like it?

Dialed In I have to agree is a great game, great rules and flow and does not take itself too seriously. And that big bang shot...so satisfying!

No Pinball bus next year so I will have to figure something out, maybe I should just buy more machines!  :lol  I am sure Moyra would love that!  *.*

photos?

I can't find any of the AP crew unfortunately, but here is a couple.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:40:18 PM by Cursed »

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 10:44:29 PM »
CELTS , how was it? looks like fun
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 02:30:29 PM »
I was taken by Dialed In as well (I'd had a single came once at flip out before we had to go, and liked it then, so was keen to get some time on it). A really nice game, great shots, amazing animations, and probably one of the best light shows around.

Nug was even more impressed - talking about flipping a game or 2 to buy one!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
CELTS , how was it? looks like fun

I only got to play one game on it sadly, but it actually is fun and the rules look interesting.

I was taken by Dialed In as well (I'd had a single came once at flip out before we had to go, and liked it then, so was keen to get some time on it). A really nice game, great shots, amazing animations, and probably one of the best light shows around.

Haha, nice! Great thing about JJP's is they don't seem to hold their value. So you should be able to pick up a used one for quite a lot less than they are new.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 08:21:01 PM »
I was preoccupied talking shit to you mate lol.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2019, 02:54:00 PM »

I played Dialed in not long after it was released at the pacific pinball museum a couple of years ago, then had a bit more time on it at flipout last year. I really like the game, the lightshow is amazing, great to have a fresh unlicensed theme. It is definitely a game I would like to add to my collection. I have watched a few sales over the last year, they seem to take awhile to sell for some reason.

Offline Cursed

• Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 09:03:17 PM »

I played Dialed in not long after it was released at the pacific pinball museum a couple of years ago, then had a bit more time on it at flipout last year. I really like the game, the lightshow is amazing, great to have a fresh unlicensed theme. It is definitely a game I would like to add to my collection. I have watched a few sales over the last year, they seem to take awhile to sell for some reason.

I think the theme kills it for most people, I personally like the theme.

And for whatever reason JJP games don't seem to hold their value, which is great if you are looking for one second hand.

Offline wesleyrpg

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • VIC
  • WANTED: Star Trek:The Next Generation in Melbourne
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2021, 01:11:11 PM »
Would love an invite to the next one of these! I'm new to the pinball world so please be gentle with me!
Looking for a Star Trek:The Next Generation For Sale in Melbourne!