Author Topic: Thoughts on Super Spin  (Read 429 times)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Thoughts on Super Spin
« on: June 21, 2009, 12:22:52 AM »
Been offered a project Super Spin, havent had a look at it yet, but told its complete. Anyone own one? Opinions of the game? Looks ok to me, seems to be plenty to shoot at.

IPDB pics:

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
Re: Thoughts on Super Spin
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 12:42:30 AM »
At the right price,any Gottlieb EM is worth buying for a project. ^^^
pinballaustralia.com

pinballist

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 12:44:18 AM »
So Greg, what are they offering it you for and how much of a project is it?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 01:04:23 AM »
If the price is right it is a keeper from everything I've heard about it.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »
I will know more on Monday, only 1352 of these made, has roto and vari targets, maybe deep-end stuff for a beginner restorer.

4 Player version on youtube:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 08:57:38 AM by Extra Ball »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 08:55:25 AM »
I will know more on Monday, only 1352 of these made, has roto and vari targets, maybe deep-end stuff for a beginner restorer.

Nothing like jumping in the deep end to really learn. Just ask Rob.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 09:20:41 AM »
Well Kev is right any Em Gottlieb project is worth getting and the roto targets are suprisingly simple if you follow my stepper thread you should be able to get it going they work very similar.  But if you can wait ill do a rebuild thread on te roto target in Riviera

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 09:30:17 AM »
Greg,

It's OK as a game, not the greatest Gottlieb from it's era. I have owned 3 of them (and 1 Jet Spin) over the years and don't regret unloading them, just seems one of those games you get tired of easy.....then that is just MO and it doesn't count  :D

Suppose it depends on how much it is vs how much work needs to be done etc.

Really love the Gordon Morison art on the backglass on this game - would really rank that high.

One thing I have noticed is the plastics on this game are usually chipped and broken, especially the 2 kickers and most times the large one over the vari target.

If you get this game will it be a keeper? She doesn't have any drop targets  #@# Maybe if it's the type of game for the right price you could buy it, restore it, sell it and replace it with something else?

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 09:31:31 AM »

Nothing like jumping in the deep end to really learn. Just ask Rob.

true and mines a 1 player  :lol But seriously, if the price is right for you i say take it!!! Even if it gives you hell, you can resell here and keep it on the forum  $#$. But im sure you'll do fine and with all the help from the guys you'll get it running a treat and ive got a hangover  :tumble:

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »

If you get this game will it be a keeper? She doesn't have any drop targets  #@# Maybe if it's the type of game for the right price you could buy it, restore it, sell it and replace it with something else?

Well drop target issues.........I have been offered a nice fully working 4 Square, and the project Super Spin as a package deal. I am certainly not buying them with the intention to re-sell. I am really drawn to 4 Square, and love the artwork on Super Spin. My tastes are really changing.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »

Well drop target issues.........I have been offered a nice fully working 4 Square, and the project Super Spin as a package deal. I am certainly not buying them with the intention to re-sell. I am really drawn to 4 Square, and love the artwork on Super Spin. My tastes are really changing.

IPDB pic:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:02:24 AM by Extra Ball »

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »

Now there is a really great game! 4 Square is a real strong player  *%*

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 01:06:46 PM »
If you can get it for around $600/$700  I would definately grab it. Its a game I always enjoyed playing.
Lack of drop targets is a pain but other features like vari target are good.

For some reason this pinball and Jet Spin always reminded of that cartoon show The Jetsons

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 01:08:19 PM »
I've got a Super Spin. Don't be put off by the roto target and vari target - both relatively simple to get working.
I enjoy playing it. If you are coming past Sydney, PM me and you can come and have a play on mine.
Like the others have said, no such thing as a dud Gottlieb EM if the price is right and you are happy to have a fiddle with it.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 02:03:46 PM »
I've got a Super Spin. Don't be put off by the roto target and vari target - both relatively simple to get working.
I enjoy playing it. If you are coming past Sydney, PM me and you can come and have a play on mine.
Like the others have said, no such thing as a dud Gottlieb EM if the price is right and you are happy to have a fiddle with it.

I concur totally - For the right price, any Gottlieb em is worth owning. If it is a package deal, you have a project game and a GREAT playing machine in one hit.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia