Author Topic: Getting the collection back out...  (Read 2135 times)

stuba

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Getting the collection back out...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 11:51:47 AM »
Bloody nice collection Nick! Black Hole looks ab fab.

yeah, ditto, black hole looks very nice  *%*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 11:59:42 AM »
No, definately not perfection, some are real "player" games (ie BH is in average conditions). I have been lucky enough to secure new playfields for AFM and FH, but they are real keepers, so worth the investment.

BBB when they were first announced sold at $4500 US, I paid the guy I bought out a little bit more to get his spot, but still ended up paying way less than they now seem to sell for. I actually put a bit of time into an MM then when deciding (given the price similarity) and decided on the BBB. Gene Cunningham reportedly (pretty reliably reported - his wife Georgianna told me on the phone!) lost in dollar terms some $200,000 to $300,000 building them, but as she put it to me "Lost? No, lost nothing - I've never seen Gene happier, so there was no loss".
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Usa
    • Big Guys Pinball
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 03:46:17 PM »
People like my Black Hole....

secksie.

p.s. The misspelling was intentional =) It's kinda like spelling crab with a k (krab) but I digress...