Author Topic: Wanted, Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1 and Gottlieb Stargate  (Read 2733 times)

Online punkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Hi all, still buying occasionally and these machines are high on the want list. I like machines in restored/excellent condition and i'm interested in what you have.
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Stargate is becoming a popular title. Spacies would have to be prized out of a collection, they are tough to find in good condition. Orbiter 1 - Now that would be a find. I have not seen one for sale in a long time.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Online punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
I have a pic from a dealer of both Space Invaders and Orbitor 1 in really nice condition sitting next to each other, at retail price, but both have issues.

Orbitor 1 is missing a disc motor and board for one of the spinning bumpers and Space Invaders needs boards apparently.

There is a beautiful Stargate on gumtree (retail pricing again) but it's in bumfuk WA. I'd love to have it, but i couldn't justifty the price as it sits with whatever shipping would be.
There's another nice Stargate in Humpty Do or some where in NT advertised too.

Online punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Found the Stargate, still looking for the other two.

Online punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Got the Orbitor 1, back looking for a Stargate.
Unbelievable story, the guys had his money for a month while we wait for Bill to get up to Rockhampton or wherever he is up there and the night before pick up Bill texts him he's coming next day, guy says he's decided not to sell. Rings me and i say we have a contract mate, deliver the machine, your a man and have given your written word, not a 10 year old girl swapping barbie dolls.

Nope.

So if anyone knows of a really nice Stargate anywhere with a reputable guy or girl behind it i'd love to know.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Space invaders boards is an easy fix I have drawers full of them and new replacements are available aswell.   

But that raises concerns for me why wouldnt the dealer shell out $500ish and finish the game????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Was the same guy who hand the Orbitor, told me spacies sold. He wanted 5k for it incomplete, it was a pretty rough cab, i wouldn't have paid it anyway as it wasn't really the condition i like.

Bill's picking the Orbitor up next run and dropping it at Kens on the Central Coast. He's going to have a look at it and tell me just what i need to do, what he can do to help and what i need to keep in touch with the stateside guy to get.

It's in really nice condition.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Nice orbitor one looks in good shape I’ve never seen one in the flesh shoot across some pics of what’s missing and I’ll check my stash

Online punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Thanks mate, yes numbers matching survivor. Give me a couple weeks and i'll get Ken to give me a list of what's not there. The spinners both work, as far as i know it's the scoring board and possibly the opto disc that are missing. Only one spinner scores.

The bare one should look like the first pic, last pic is the board. Guy on pinside may hopefully reproduce them.

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I’ll have a dig

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Was the same guy who hand the Orbitor, told me spacies sold. He wanted 5k for it incomplete, it was a pretty rough cab, i wouldn't have paid it anyway as it wasn't really the condition i like.

Bill's picking the Orbitor up next run and dropping it at Kens on the Central Coast. He's going to have a look at it and tell me just what i need to do, what he can do to help and what i need to keep in touch with the stateside guy to get.

It's in really nice condition.

$5K for a project Spacies ? That's nuts... NICE Orbitor. Rare find and interesting game. Well done !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Online punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Yeah it's in really nice condition other than the impossible to find missing parts :D

The email chain is 68 messages long and we've been toing and froing for months but both ended up happy i think.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Nice find Garry, Orbitor 1 looks to be in nice shape!

Have never played one before so i'm keen to see to going, might have to call in next time i'm up your way for a look  *%*

Online punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Bills dropping it at Kens on the way up mate, you are still welcome here anytime but it may be a few weeks till the Orbitor 1 gets here. The aim is to have that fully functional for Pinfest next year.

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Thanks Garry, and yepp i knew it was going to Kens for some work, should be worth the wait i reckon!
So curious to see one in action and play one, so will be keeping an eye out for updates on it  *%* *%*