Author Topic: Wanted Gottlieb Black hole  (Read 1160 times)

Offline punkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Wanted Gottlieb Black hole
« on: May 09, 2020, 08:05:03 AM »
I see a fair few of these have been restored on here, quite a popular machine. I've never played or seen one and have just now really noticed them in my search for a great Orbitor 1.

Can anyone tell me the range of pricing a very good to restored example of a Black hole would go for?
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Wanted Gottlieb Black hole
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:17:13 AM »
$4000+

Great game, but it does have one really annoying atrubute. when you  drain the ball  from the bottom level without achiving, you loose that ball

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 08:33:41 AM »
Thanks Pete.

Next question, what's out there?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »
It took me years to restore mine, waiting for a playfield that almost never came from the US, and when it did it was a dud, finally got another restored locally. Simply amazing game, perfectly reliable when the ground mods are added. Have not seen any for sale for quite a while, you'll need to keep a look out.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »
Thanks Pete.

Next question, what's out there?

easier to find than a Sorcerer  ;)
usually see one or two come uup for sale per year

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 09:50:19 AM »
It took me years to restore mine, waiting for a playfield that almost never came from the US, and when it did it was a dud, finally got another restored locally. Simply amazing game, perfectly reliable when the ground mods are added. Have not seen any for sale for quite a while, you'll need to keep a look out.

Thanks mate, i seem to like the weird and unusual in Pins. A lot of the ones i get my heart set on are very hard to track down. The Sorcerer Pete mentions i talked a restorer on Pinside into selling me before he'd finished restoring it after an unsuccessful search in Australia.
Same with Orbitor 1 and Space Invaders (to a lesser extent). Orbitor 1 seems impossible to find in Australia complete in great nick, Space Invaders comes up more often, but always well worn. I gravitate to great/restored condition.

There's one for sale in the States at the moment on Pinside but it's on the wrong side of the country.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 04:47:47 PM »
Black Hole is a brilliant machine, and if you are going to have a SYS80 in your collection, this is the title. They have recently been sought after more than previous years now that the younger pinheads have found there's more to pinlife than DMDs. Brutal multiball is one of the features of this title that is both frustrating and great fun at the same time. If you are on the lookout, and you are patient, choose the Domestic (US) version for the speech, chaser lights and double backglass. Export version is the same game with these different features and slightly different artwork.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 01:59:38 PM »
Found one, hopefully Billy has it on his truck atm with my GnRle. Not sure, didn't think to ask if it's domestic or export model. I'll ask. I didn't get it for 4k+, well it was 4k+++++ i spose. %.%

Yippee, US model apparently :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 02:09:13 PM by punkin »