Author Topic: Last Action Hero  (Read 6751 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Last Action Hero
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:21:34 PM »
They look great, well done!

Thanks guys...I've completely stripped playfield, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned again.....I'm about half way cleaning metal guides (not sure what they are called)...I've jiffy cleaned the gunk off them, then used the polishing wheel on the dremel with some of the clay stuff?  The first one came up very nice...

Pop bumpers have been cleaned, mylar installed on centre section of PF - where gold 'admit one' ticket is - as aparently they wear really badly there (slight on mine) down over the top of arnie's chest where there was some small wear as well (as recommended by Ian from Marks).  Second time I have installed mylar and 100% no bubbles, creases and almost invisible.  I've started re-globing the GI on sides of PF, all plastics are like new (novus 1 only) just waiting on rubbers and flippers & new balls (all 6!)

Batteries have been replaced with new Energizer AA's (just need to get the cable tie thing replaced)...The connectors in the backbox all look OK, none burnt.  I have not touched the boards..I'll read up on Marvin's site first but I'll leave them until there is a problem...

I will let the mylar settle for a couple of days (I have been advised this - hopefully correct) then apply maguries wax...

The next step - and my question for the experts here - is I've filled the corners of the backbox and I'm ready to paint.  Mark recommended T8 paint - but I've been to Bunnings and they did not know.  Can anybody recommend what black to use? - I would prefer to brush it on too and is the paint a full gloss, semi or flat?