Author Topic: WA dreamer  (Read 403 times)

Offline narf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
WA dreamer
« on: June 23, 2009, 07:45:10 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pinball-Machines-x-4-by-Stern_W0QQitemZ180370364053QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item29fee95695&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

they originally wanted 3k each in the papers

from what ive told all are in the weather and the seller didnt even want to turn them on  %.%

they had been told they are worth heaps  ^.^

pinballist

Re: WA dreamer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »
Yeah, narf, I've been following these since she listed them for $6,500 - and none of them seem to work. You can tell from the pictures that they're all sitting under some sort of car port or awning.

Dream on baby, dream on!

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:04:50 PM »
When she listed them last time I said I would like to have a look but thought they would be worth around $2000 for the 4.  She replied that they were worth double that, and did not give me a number or address, so I gave up &^&

cheers
Ian

Offline narf

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:07:19 PM »
yeah i know a few perthies that said there in a carport in the weather

supersonic ive told is definatly not working and down to the wood  ^.^

there in kewdale

they were listed in the quokka and i do have the number but decided waste of time and fuel even to go look

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 10:04:30 PM »
Probably would be better off selling them one at a time as project pins anyway.

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 12:09:24 AM »
My mate Leigh went and had a look at these and said complete waste of time.

Yes, they are in a carport exposed to dampness and everything else, cat piss etc.

The guy is a complete tosser without a clue and seems to think that all pinball machines are highly sought after and collectible, even ones like these which are not all that high on anyones wish list and suffer from bad playfield wear and are generally in need of quite a bit of work.
Certainly great examples of "project machines" , but of course that should be reflected in the price which I think should be about $600 each tops.

Apparently only one is a working machine anyway.

I believe these machines came up from Albany and were sold originally by Tom Kennedy.

Offline Ballywannabe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 10:19:32 AM »
My mate Leigh went and had a look at these and said complete waste of time.

Yes, they are in a carport exposed to dampness and everything else, cat piss etc.

The guy is a complete tosser without a clue and seems to think that all pinball machines are highly sought after and collectible, even ones like these which are not all that high on anyones wish list and suffer from bad playfield wear and are generally in need of quite a bit of work.
Certainly great examples of "project machines" , but of course that should be reflected in the price which I think should be about $600 each tops.

Apparently only one is a working machine anyway.

I believe these machines came up from Albany and were sold originally by Tom Kennedy.

Thanks Chris, that is what I thought after looking at the photo's and reading the descriptions.  Hence the reason for my (I thought reasonable) offer of $500 each.  Looks like they got stung by the Stork %.%

cheers
Ian

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »
Auction closed with zero bids - that says it all!
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.