Author Topic: RIP OFF????  (Read 631 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
RIP OFF????
« on: June 24, 2009, 08:38:04 AM »
Was looking to buy a schemtaic for my 1964 Midway Space Gun... cool machine... heres the link

http://marvin3m.com/arcade/spacgun.htm

Machine has a fault with 200 points scoring, basically, all coils lock on which would suggest a closed switch... not a difficult fix, but thought id get the schematic for the machine anyway.
Marco Specs have one - its a reprint for $15US... just got the quote through for postage - a whopping $31US!!

WTF!! To stick a folded schematic in an envelope and post it? Holy crap!
 Am i stupid? or is this a blatent rip off??
 I just bought a MINT flyer for the game from USA, bound in cardboard and posted for $7.. this envelope will be bigger than the schematic one

Just to add that Mikes pinball pages have one -original, but cant get through to the contact Mike bit and order it... any help here?

Im gonna reply to Marco and tell him to keep his recession busting postage rates with Uranus!

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: RIP OFF????
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:51:48 AM »
To give you an idea of the MASSIVE International postage costs.

I mailed a CD to Tomdotcom in Canada just yesterday in a small padded envelope.
Cost $2.05c  #@#

DW Drums rule !

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:11:08 AM »
yeah they are ripping you off for sure....just look at the packages from PBR and what it costs when they send

really cool game by the way there mate  ^^^

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:12:42 AM »
Yep tend to only buy off Marco when I need a bulk order.  Postage is always the killer with them.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:41:28 AM »
Yep tend to only buy off Marco when I need a bulk order.  Postage is always the killer with them.

Ditto.
When you only want a couple of bits, best to go elsewhere.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 09:51:14 AM »

I've ordered Decals from Maroc and they tried to hit me with $30 shipping. I just emailed them and told them to put it into an envelope.

Their shipping overcharging is the killer, and their prices for motors are almost double PBRs in some cases !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 10:04:37 AM »
I tried ordering from those guys once.. and the order never arrived!! Id gotten confirmation emails that the order was sent and the money came off my credit card... not once.. but TWICE ^.^ ^.^

This experience has soured me forever for buying from overseas. I'll give up the hobby and sell ALL my pins before buying parts or anything else from overseas... NEVER AGAIN... F**kn ARSEHOLES

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 01:40:59 PM »
I've found shipping rates have exploded over the last few years.  You used to be able to buy parts from US and the postage costs and delivery times were sometimes cheaper and faster than buying locally.  Not anymore unfortunately postage has gone up 200% and things seem to take twice as long to ship  !@#

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 02:11:00 PM »
 I placed an order with PBR on Friday 12 June by email at 10PM, and I thought by Monday that maybe I should have heard from them, but thought oh well they are obviously busy and probably dont work over weekends and I'm sure I'll hear from them sometime this week because normally they are really good, and then lo and behold got home from work the next day ( Tuesday 16 June ) and my box of bits is sitting at home waiting for me.

And the point of all this is the postage costs were USD9.65 for a parcel weighing 7 LBs or 3.5 Kilos in our language.

Gotta say I was gobsmacked.

I have heard though that if you complain to Marcos about high postage costs they will normally reduce it. Apparently there computer system automatically adds in a high price when its an O'S order. Yeah , I know its a pissweak excuse but its worth pushing the issue with them if they have the goodies you're wanting.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
Yeah they wanted $30 postage for my Gorgar spinner decals !!@

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
I placed an order with PBR on Friday 12 June by email at 10PM, and I thought by Monday that maybe I should have heard from them, but thought oh well they are obviously busy and probably dont work over weekends and I'm sure I'll hear from them sometime this week because normally they are really good, and then lo and behold got home from work the next day ( Tuesday 16 June ) and my box of bits is sitting at home waiting for me.

And the point of all this is the postage costs were USD9.65 for a parcel weighing 7 LBs or 3.5 Kilos in our language.

I have heard though that if you complain to Marcos about high postage costs they will normally reduce it. Apparently there computer system automatically adds in a high price when its an O'S order. Yeah , I know its a pissweak excuse but its worth pushing the issue with them if they have the goodies you're wanting.

You cannot beat PBR as an Overseas parts seller. People complain about the fact they don't have an "easy to follow" website or ordering process, but if it was not for them, there would be many more machines in landfill.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 06:29:47 PM »
This is what happened when i emailed about the high rate http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=658.msg9171#msg9171
pinballaustralia.com

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 06:51:54 PM »

You cannot beat PBR as an Overseas parts seller. People complain about the fact they don't have an "easy to follow" website or ordering process, but if it was not for them, there would be many more machines in landfill.

Yeah I agree Nino, they are the best in the business.
And I think their system is real easy.
Going to the post office for a money order and sending it off isn't rocket science

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 07:23:12 PM »
marco is out as well as bayarea if I only want small orders. If I don't order USD300+ I don't bother. They have offered cheaper rates but still over the top
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 07:39:32 PM »
Marco's did get back to me with an offer of $19US shipping. That was the final offer and could not go down any further due to costs their end.

... I still didnt order the item