Author Topic: Am i a bad person???  (Read 744 times)

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: Am i a bad person???
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »
You ungrateful bastard !! :lol :lol  #@#

Hey im keeping it because i appreciate the effort she went to get it for me. So can you tell me what setting it needs to be on the dial before i start testing. Im thinking its the arrow with a vertical line on its tip  !@#

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »

Hey im keeping it because i appreciate the effort she went to get it for me. So can you tell me what setting it needs to be on the dial before i start testing. Im thinking its the arrow with a vertical line on its tip  !@#
Yes for continuity the arrow with the line (diode setting) is correct.  Not sure if the meter you have has audible indication of continity or just reads 0 Ohms.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »

Yes for continuity the arrow with the line (diode setting) is correct.  Not sure if the meter you have has audible indication of continity or just reads 0 Ohms.

When i test an open switch its comes up with a "1" when the switch is closed its comes up with roughly zero. No audible on this model multimeter

pinballist

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
Spot on! :)

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
Well, you don't really need a multimeter with lots of features - as long as you can read Ohms and Volts you can work through most pinball problems successfully (especially EMs).

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »
Don't worry Rob, I've been an ungreatful prick heaps of times, my wife hates buying for me, and doesn't get dissapointed anymore if I want to take things back.  Don't worry she'll get over it mate  *)*  *)*

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 02:05:21 PM »
Don't worry Rob, I've been an ungreatful prick heaps of times, my wife hates buying for me, and doesn't get dissapointed anymore if I want to take things back.  Don't worry she'll get over it mate  *)*  *)*
Looks like Im not the only one out there, my lady just keeps the receipt these days.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
Yeah keep it.
That's a good meter to start out with if you're not too sure what you're doing.
You can always upgrade later when it breaks or you need more features.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Forum Posts:
  • Yass
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 10:25:48 PM »
Thanks guys, ive definately decided to keep it. Ive already had a crack with it to but im too busy at the moment helping my parents prepare to move out.. wont be able to start again until next week some time  !!!