Aussie Pinball Forums > Restorations

Stern Elvis Restoration

(1/5) > >>

Strangeways:
This title was started last year with the intent of chipping away at it during weekends. This is a machine out of my Inventory, that I wanted to place in the showroom for sale. When Covid hit, I could not source parts for current Gottlieb projects, and due to many games become unfinancial and parked at the end of the queue, I found myself working on this game as I had all the parts I required at hand. The games moved up into the queue were waiting for parts that did not start arriving until last month, so I thought I'd start to document this restoration.

Condition Report

Playfield - Exceptionally good. The only wear is in front of the magnet. Broken plastics here and there, but it looks really nice as a base 8/10
Cabinet - Good - A few dint's in the headbox but the base cabinet is very good - 8/10
Boards / Electronics - Boards are intact, but I'm not happy with the CPU board - 7/10

Scope Of Works

A High End Elvis Restored machine with new plastic set, new mini playfield, Flipper Fidelity speaker set and ColorDMD (LED).

Before Pictures

I'm going to replace the standard siderails with the later lollipop siderails.

Playfield is just REALLY filthy...

The wear around the magnet.

Heartbreak Hotel and the worn mini playfield.

Filthy Targets...

Under the playfield is really good - just filthy.

<.> <.>

Strangeways:
Now I start the tear down. Elvis has now left the building....

Filthy. Filth everywhere !

Flipper Mechs are worn and tired !

Rebuild with new flipper kit and coils..

The usual - Cleaned in the ultrasonic then tumbled. Hardly any effort at all..

The original Backboard. Nothing really wrong with it, but the new plastic set contains the backboard plastic. Time to change it !

BIG improvement !

Heartbreak Hotel entrance also has a new plastic to install after I rebuild and clean ...

The Camera has changed the color somewhat- it is almost the same to the naked eye..

&& &&

pinnies4me:
Love my Elvis, watching with interest!

Pop Bumper Pete:
When you sell it, you will be able to say 'Elvis has left the building!'

ddstoys:
Nice to see you getting a chance to do one of your own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version