Aussie Pinball Forums > General Discussion

Barn find 1941 WW2 Indian scout project

(1/8) > >>

ddstoys:
Hey guys
        Well it’s been a long time dream to restore an old Indian motorcycle but they are bloody expencive and don’t see projects come up very often.

I was very lucky I went to help a mate pick up a Lathe from an old shed that had been locked up since the mid 80s while we are unbolting it the people were clearing out another shed and come in all excited

We’ve just found a really old motorbike would that be something you would be Interested in? 

I’ll take a look had not idea what it was as it was a mess but it had an air cooled Vtwin engine so it was something special

Worked out a deal and loaded it up

With absolutely no idea what it was or what was missing I literally grabbed anything that looked like it could be from it and even shoveled up a box of random crap off the floor from around it.

That night I couldn’t sleep spent the night on google researching and saving photos of what was missing and went back the next day and helped the family empty the rest of the shed while searching for treasure,   And I’m glad I did found heaps of parts I missed on my original grab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddstoys:
I don’t know why but I can’t add any more photos damn I hate technology

ddstoys:

Here’s what I ended up with and thankfully found the oil bath air filter only fitted to the army models

Spent lockdown stripping it down getting the frame and forks down to bare metal and painted.   

48:
Great find Daniel, right time right place as they say.

ddstoys:
Yeah it was meant to be here’s a photo of why I always wanted to restore one.  I’ve never even owned a bike or ridden one on the road
The top photo is my great grandfather on his 1929 Indian scout

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version