Aussie Pinball Forums > Pinball Repairs / Problems & Assistance

Classic Stern legs

(1/2) > >>

braddo:
Hi all.
As far as I can see from researching, classic Stern legs are meant to be 28.5 inch.
My rear legs on my 3 Sterns are 28.5, but ALL the front legs are 27inch. Is this correct?
Are all the legs supposed to be the same length, or the front ones shorter??
On my Bally SM$M front is 28.5 and rear 29.5 inch.
My games play great but are the they at not correct heights?

ddstoys:
I think they classic sterns and bally are 28-1/2 all round bally are gunmetal grey and stern are silver usually but could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strangeways:
Classic Stern and Bally are all 28.5 Inch. Stern are a gun metal hammertone finish with no ribbing, and Bally can be charcoal or black (Space Invaders) with no ribbing.

Classic Williams are 28.5 Inch, chrome, no ribbing

27 inch are usually Gottlieb, in Chrome. 31 Inch are also Gottlieb. From memory, there is a Gottlieb 29.5 Inch that was used on Black Hole and Haunted House (maybe more titles).

A VERY rare Bally leg is I think 31 Inch black leg used only on Bally midway, Dungeons and Dragons and Escape From the Lost World (maybe more).

What finish are your legs ? Chrome, painted etc...

braddo:
Thanks for replies.
I can't remember what legs came with what. I put the largest on my bally (which has the the wrong larger rear legs) and the rest on my Sterns. I had them sandblasted primed and painted them with hammer fiinish grey along with my coin doors. One game may have come with gottlieb 27 inch, and the other with 28.5 inch and i mixed them up without knowing. My other Stern which I have never touched came with front 27 inch and rear 28.5 inch, which is strange, maybe to make it play faster bt original owner (i also found out just yesterday it has new modern Stern flipper mechs in it). Anyway my games have been playing wrong.
I have lifted front height with levelers to 28.5 inch and Quicksilver now plays like a dream (this game deserves the hype it's geting).
I will mix/match/get some new legs so all my games are correct.

Strangeways:
Quicksilver lives up to its name. Fastest pinball I've ever played ! It is unfortunately common for pins to be sold with the incorrect legs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version