Aussie Pinball Forums > Pinball Repairs / Problems & Assistance

Question re 1978 Playboy

(1/1)

JD:
Quick question if possible? I have a 1978 Bally Playboy and it works perfectly except the game transitions from ball to ball during play. ie. whilst playing 1st ball with the ball still in play, the game sounds like the ball has gone to the outhole or out of play but it is still in play. I have checked the connection on the outhole switch and replaced the diode across this switch and am convinced this switch is not triggering without the ball in the outhole. Also only occurs intermittently and I cannot see any pattern? Any help would be greatly appreciated?   J.D.

Pop Bumper Pete:
when you do a switch test, are any switches closed?

JD:
Thanks Pete for your help. No stuck switches, it displays flashing Zero to confirm.

Pop Bumper Pete:
to me, it sounds like the contacts (on the outhole) are too close, vibrations from the playfield are causing them to close
I would stick a piece of paper in between the contacts, so they cannot close, and then play the game, and then see if the problem keeps happening

JD:
Looks like you were spot on Pop Bumper Pete. Thank you very much. The outhole switch contacts must have been touching during the game. Really appreciate your help. Thanks, J.D. $#$ $#$ #*# #*# :D ^^^ ^^^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version