Author Topic: American Stock  (Read 35446 times)

Offline Fingatsu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
American Stock
« on: August 31, 2021, 07:16:34 PM »
Hello,

Has anyone bought a pinball from America. Prices atm here are outrageous. Are there any suppliers recommended where I won't get ripped off. Particularly interested in an old Bally Eight Ball Deluxe 1981 Version working or not.

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
Re: American Stock
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 05:33:30 AM »
I bought my Sorcerer off a guy on pinside as he was restoring it.

I brought it in through Jason at pinball classics in Brisbane.

They bring their containers in from LA, so you need to find one on the west coast. In LA or at least in Cali.
As you notice, not all titles are economical, some are more exe there than here.
Shipping in the states to get them to LA is expensive and risky, there ain't no Bill's Big Arse Van.

But it is certainly doable if you find the right machine in the right place.

I can't help with dealers sorry, although if you send me a message i may be able to recommend an aussie who does this stuff.
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1

Offline Fingatsu

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 09:40:37 AM »
Thanks Punkin. It gives me a starting point. I have found a couple for sale in the U.S. One in San Fran that needs work but am a bit worried about the whole shipping thing, cause I know it will need to come over in a  container.
Not really sure if the sellers I have made contact with realise Sydney Australia is in another country.
I have seen the pinball classics site, they have some nice machines but they seem to do their own resto's and are quite expensive. I will touch base with them to see if its an option.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 01:12:09 PM »
realize that the buyer may not want to ship to Australia anyway

Offline punkin

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Woolgoolga NSW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 05:06:46 AM »
realize that the buyer may not want to ship to Australia anyway

That can happen. I was looking at a machine in the states and had a local to pickup and pay cash. When the seller realized it was being shipped here he stopped responding.
Looking for Bally Space Invaders, Stern Orbitor 1

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 05:48:12 PM »
Thanks Punkin. It gives me a starting point. I have found a couple for sale in the U.S. One in San Fran that needs work but am a bit worried about the whole shipping thing, cause I know it will need to come over in a  container.
Not really sure if the sellers I have made contact with realise Sydney Australia is in another country.
I have seen the pinball classics site, they have some nice machines but they seem to do their own resto's and are quite expensive. I will touch base with them to see if its an option.

EBD is one of the most sought after games in the last 10 years. It is rare that they are sold to the public, but, many games are being shaken out of collections due to JJP Gunners. I don't know how long you have been looking, but the risks of shipping out of the USA is high due to Covid and the build up of containers at the wharfs in the USA. It would be a VERY long wait.

Prices across the board are ridiculous for all titles, but for sought after games - it is insane.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia