Author Topic: filling pop bumber wear - builder's bog or auto body filler?  (Read 248 times)

Offline Ric

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Hi there

I have a playfield on a WMS super star where the jet bumpers have worn nice ring divots around the bumpers.

This has been painted already but the surface is uneven - so to do a better job rather than leaving the uneven surface, I want to fill the divots and re-paint

I have heard that auto body filler works however was wondering if something like builders bog would also do the trick?

Can anyone point to a product they have used for such a task.

After the playfield is levelled, I am going to re-do the touch-up work and then clear coat.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I think either product - provided it's two part (main material and hardener) will work. I'm not sure which is easier to sand back, that would probably be the most important issue.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Replicas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • North West England
Two part epoxy wood filler will be harder wearing which will be needed in those hard wearing areas and is quite easy to sand.
Don't forget to post before/after pic's, Would like to see the end result.
Darren.