Author Topic: 58 Bingo - the real deal  (Read 204 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
58 Bingo - the real deal
« on: July 02, 2009, 12:13:24 AM »
Now this one is the real deal.... very rare.. many were smashed.

Id value this at around $3000 -  $3500, but ill bet Ebay has it ending at $1500 approx. Artwork wise, this is not one of the better ones but still well worth having.. Ill be keeping an eye on this for myself

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Classic-Carnival-Queen-Bingo-Machine-EXC-COND_W0QQitemZ250455375020QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_15?hash=item3a504dbcac&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A9%7C294%3A50

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: 58 Bingo - the real deal
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 09:55:58 AM »

Now lets just hope the sideart has not been painted over !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:39:45 PM »
mmmmmm ..... Wouln't mind having a crack at this. In the late 70s I worked as a bus conductor during the Xmas uni vacations.
I was based at the Ryde depot. In the rec room were 2 bingo machines like this one. mmmmmm.... wonder if Mrs Bossninja would approve???
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 01:42:19 PM »
Save your money for a pin - these are real pretty but soooooo boring to play

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 10:11:27 PM »
You're right. Bring on a 60s GTB manual ball loader.
(PS I just found out I won some of the $90million lotto .... $13.20 to be exact .... might get me some new flipper rubbers)
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

mark jackson

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 07:27:12 PM »
I had a 1957 Bally Bingo called "Showtime". It had 'magic squares' and other cool features. They are gambling machines, and are really exciting to play.....especially the ones with the magic squares. There are infinite ways to win (and lose) and being able to move your numbers often means you can get paid for say red, and green 3 and 4 in a row payouts. You still have a plunger and can gently nudge the ball in or out of certain holes. I think Bally Bingos are absolutely wonderful to own ........EXCEPT ........ They are HEAVY, especially the head., and therefore hard to move & transport. They are also much more complicated than a pinball machine, with many more relays and stepper units etc...lots of stuff that I found hard to understand. The older ones especially are probably all worn out in ways, and getting them going and keeping them going was challenging. (The magic squares kept 'locking up' due to the clutches becoming dry...etc etc  So for the brave and dedicated fan, they are among the greatest electro-mechanical machines ever made. Good luck.