Author Topic: Containers into Australia....how long can it last?  (Read 984 times)

Offline markc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

pinball to me is well alive and will continue for a while ...  i hope so after what psp has just done

More like "It will be so, after what psp has just done"

thanks Mate

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
My experience,

More affordable prices than when I started collecting.
So many requests for so many titles. Fast turnover,no need for showrooms.
I am amazed at the amount of first time buyers, the hobby is growing.
Heaps of pins still available overseas.
Older,rarer titles coming to our shores, pins that I havent seen or heard of before.
Classic/collectable titles fetching almost as much and sometimes more than later model dmds.

I agree. bring as many as we can to our shores.

not trying to start a fight or anything

yes middle to bottom are selling very fast and prices are  very mixed depending on work done , cond , ebay . showroom , factory , the person and how they want it
Like your gunners  what a fantastic price and very fair anyone getting that would be happy   a 6-  7k pin that needs some work for a little over 3k 
ok some inserts probs  but for 3k  your lucky I didnt buy it , its great we have members here who can do these up and take advantage of these deals
yes so many new people out there , i think they find it easier to come and see them than go to those old auctions people had a while ago , they seem to like the one on one and be able to see what else is around and see the back up service  and help here on AP  too.

the late model DMDs  are better prices than 12 months ago and the demand is so much higher than a few years ago , i still recall we sold a Medieval Madness for 5750  our first one and then sold the second one to a dealer in melbourne for 7k ( this was only 3 years ago) i am sure its still on his web site. Since then I am sure we have had another 10 or so and they have just gone up  but then now we can add new decals  and new playfields  too , so it all adds up

yes so many older rarer pins too , i love seeing the  i just got threads    so many happy people

I am sure the numbers will increase as more players come into the market , i see people bringing containers in that havent for years  as stock in Australia is getting harder to find. and with all the spare parts coming it will make it easier to bring life back into some of these pins .

again just my thoughts and no harm is meant to anyone

mark

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
Pm sent, no offence taken. The GnR is from my personal collection and I think a very fair price. Delete my comments if I cross the line because I am not a commercial seller on this site.
Those that have seen the quality of our last shipments will tell you what great condition the majority of our pins were in.........why? because 1. they were hand picked and inspected by my partner in person and 2. because there are so many to choose from that we can knock certain ones back. The pins that are being discovered are amazing,I have a pic of 3 centaurs being restored from the ground up and I am wrapped that these will end up in Austalian collectors hands.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Now will just one of you bring in a container of 1950 - 65 pins....PLEASE  *%* *%* *%*

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
drooling at the centaurs!!! WOW

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
Now will just one of you bring in a container of 1950 - 65 pins....PLEASE  *%* *%* *%*
Dont care who does, as a collector, I would love to see them.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Dont care who does, as a collector, I would love to see them.

Neither do I  :lol :lol :lol

Can drive down and haul back 4 or 5 in the back of the dual cab  ^^^

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
thanks Dave and pm replied

great looking pins there

50-70 s  yes I am trying  .....  Nino  be quiet ( sorry guys he has given me some advise on the older ones i am working on)

as I said to Dave   he is more than welcome to come to the AP meet at my place , David at bumper is and a few of the other dealers are too
but I understand why he cant make it   so happy birthday mate for the day .
to me this is why AP is a credit to the industry and its members  we can all have differnet views and get on
sure we have a few pinball dealers here  as we do parts   there is no reason why we cant talk and help each other out if needed
the invite to the AP meets is open to all MEMBERS

mark

« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:07:27 PM by markc »

Offline RaMpAgE

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo, Vic

Offline Damien

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
From a person that has worked for  a williams dealer that sold more machine per capita than any where in the world.

we had 40 foot containers arrive and would have them all presold...
the test game would have been here 3 months before and all operators would know what it would earn and how reliable it was.

nd we are only a small island called australia. The french and german dealers would buy so many machines they would get anything altered or first runs wtc..

for a small hobby like it is aussie are batting well above the rest of the world...

quality top end will dry up.. but machines turn up every day...

damien

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
From a person that has worked for  a williams dealer that sold more machine per capita than any where in the world.

we had 40 foot containers arrive and would have them all presold...
the test game would have been here 3 months before and all operators would know what it would earn and how reliable it was.

nd we are only a small island called australia. The french and german dealers would buy so many machines they would get anything altered or first runs wtc..

for a small hobby like it is aussie are batting well above the rest of the world...

quality top end will dry up.. but machines turn up every day...

damien

thanks Damien

mate you will need to do a about me thread so all the guys here know what you have done
sure they will all meet you at the AP meet and at PSP now

come on tell em ....

mark

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Go on tell em  @@*

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Go on tell em  @@*

shhhhh   dont say a word

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Great read guys and the comments from all in this fantastic hobby are awesome, Thanks to all the guys that give us home hobbie blokes the chance to purchase nearly any machine we want and for great prices too and now with Mark bringing in all these parts we are able to buy replacement parts alot easier to..I've meet some nice blokes in the pinball world and truly love this hobbie/shit it's all I think about. Looking forward to Marks meet(buy the way do you take credit card?? &&

Peter

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
Love the centaurs................. I also have a mate who owns four specialty sporting goods outlets in Australia and he imports a container every quarter from the US and has offered me free space in them before when they are not quite full. I guess as long as he keeps importing I will have that option (if he remembers to tell me when he is importing each time)...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 12:23:31 AM by daics3522 »
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)