Author Topic: IM NOT JUMPING IN TIMS GRAVE  (Read 785 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
IM NOT JUMPING IN TIMS GRAVE
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »
Well had another day helping mark c 8am Start was pestered by a 5am CAN YOU JUMP START MY CAR phone call but made it there by 8am.  Firstly removed old ramp and moved the new one into place and for reference if you have an aliminium ramp dont make a 2 tonne steel frame to support it without proper bracing.   Then took over Tims job of making some leg protectors.   Not as easy as i first thought (GOOD WORK TIM)  Also had the chance to meet MARTYJ and with the quality of work he post i expected him to be an old retired bloke but only a young guy like me (GREAT WORK MARTY)    Also i took advantage of recent game sales to get down some treasure he had hidden from you all off the office roof.  Your lucky i didnt have room on my ute so keep an eye out on ebay for some great old spare parts.   But dont think i wont be bidding coz i will be and whoever wins will be hounded to sell me the top wooden ball arch from one of them  %$%
  Day was almost totally ruined by the shit Melbourne traffic only took about 2 hours to get home luckily i had half a bottle of Johhny Black waiting for my return.   (And before anyone says anything i don' %.%t have a drinking problem tonight but its all gone now so tomorrow night might be a problem)

Thanks Mark

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: IM NOT JUMPING IN TIMS GRAVE
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:18:59 AM »
That stuff on the office roof wasn't too hidden, or at least some of it wasn't.

Yeah I have met MartyJ too, around the time he was buying a BH from memory, and he is a young whippersnapper like yourself Daniel, not like most of us middle-aged blokes who hang out on the forum.

Will look on eBay from some interesting stuff.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 11:18:27 AM »
That stuff on the office roof wasn't too hidden, or at least some of it wasn't.

Yeah I have met MartyJ too, around the time he was buying a BH from memory, and he is a young whippersnapper like yourself Daniel, not like most of us middle-aged blokes who hang out on the forum.

Will look on eBay from some interesting stuff.

As far as us "middle aged blokes" are concerned, it looks like the younger guys are going to lift the hobby up a notch.

Rather see the younglings work on pinball than their playstations  %.%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 12:05:21 PM »

there was some stuff hidden at the back Andrew . you needed to get up there and Look to see it
ask Martyj  he was made to get up there and help daniel  load the shit  opps good old 60s pins on the fork lift even fitted back in the showroom to get them down
mind you the forklift was in the showroom most of the day lol loading stuff    think it was happy in there

thanks again Daniel  now you see what Tim only get a few hundred sets of those done in a day ..

I wont tell the guys what you took though   and the rest will be on ebay this week

mark

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 02:43:36 PM »

there was some stuff hidden at the back Andrew . you needed to get up there and Look to see it
ask Martyj  he was made to get up there and help daniel  load the shit  opps good old 60s pins on the fork lift even fitted back in the showroom to get them down
mind you the forklift was in the showroom most of the day lol loading stuff    think it was happy in there

thanks again Daniel  now you see what Tim only get a few hundred sets of those done in a day ..

I wont tell the guys what you took though   and the rest will be on ebay this week

mark

Happy to help where I can...I must say I was VERY nervous with the forklift in that particular area....

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 02:47:13 PM »
Cmon Daniel fess up, what else did u take  :lol
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »

I think the question should be what didn't he take!!   *)*

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:46:24 PM »
I didnt take much just the two backboxes i won off ebay and some french Pinball with the wrong backglass the plan is to swap all the internals into another body thats not stuffed and make a custom Backglass which must include some hot naked chick i think

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 05:47:55 PM »
I didnt take much just the two backboxes i won off ebay and some french Pinball with the wrong backglass the plan is to swap all the internals into another body thats not stuffed and make a custom Backglass which must include some hot naked chick i think
So that was the oldie ontop of the office that you and I looked at?

Nice Get if it is??

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »

mark

Happy to help where I can...I must say I was VERY nervous with the forklift in that particular area....

hey i did hit anything .....   mind you i had more fun driving the monaro back around .......

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 05:49:20 PM »

maybe thats why he gave me a couple of JWs and said  stay here relax and drink them while he closed up ....

better check   whats left

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 05:50:26 PM »

I think the question should be what didn't he take!!   *)*

:lol :lol :lol :lol

thats so true

I am glad I never said if you can load them all you can have them all as I have seen him go with over 5 pins on that falcon ute before

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »
So that was the oldie ontop of the office that you and I looked at?

Nice Get if it is??

yep  thats its

the backglass is smashed though   

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 05:51:54 PM »
Falcon Ute i wouldnt be seen dead driving a falcon ute lol

LOL I also got the scans i needed of the Pink panther coffee table so might be making another coffee tabe happening

• Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »

maybe thats why he gave me a couple of JWs and said  stay here relax and drink them while he closed up ....

better check   whats left

Mark, lucky Daniel is not a full time employee or one of two situations would arise:
1. You would have nuthin to sell as he would have taken it all, or
2. Daniel would be broke

You may have to distribute his picture to all your employess, much like they do for problem gamblers at Crown... :lol