Author Topic: TSPP...looks nice but is it worth that much??  (Read 619 times)

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
Re: TSPP...looks nice but is it worth that much??
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 08:46:52 AM »
I wonder if that's even legal - misrepresentation or something along those lines if the buyers goes to collect the machine/gets it delivered and it's not the one pictured.  Especially if the condition is worse - let's say it was an absolute dog.

I'm no expert, but perhaps a buyer would have some sort of recourse there !@#

No it's not legal Pete . It's against ebay policy . The only one who can report though I think is the original owner of the pics .

Offline pistolpete78

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 02:37:01 PM »
Well, we are always saying people should take pictures if they expect to be able to sell a pin for this price.  He's only done what we suggest - taken some pictures @.@

If it's a commercial seller, maybe the good old Trade Practices Act, S52 (misleading and deceptive conduct) might apply?

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 09:25:09 PM »

couldn't they say picture for  show only , please email for pictures when the pin arrives ?

I also note the seller is a member here , I have personally brought a pin from them and was happy with it

again like everyone has said and I say the same  if you can always view the pin or get someone to look at it

mark

pinballist

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »
I also note the seller is a member here...

Who is it?

Offline Mango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »
couldn't they say picture for  show only , please email for pictures when the pin arrives ?

Absolutely, car maufacturers do it all the time for their tv ads "european car shown" "colour shown not available in australia"

BUT

this seller has no disclaimer at all

Also if we assume that the seller is selling as an agent for the US seller then how is "Inspections Welcome" appropriate? Are they going to fly you to the US to check it out?  *.*

Offline shansta

• Forum Posts:
  • Vic...
  • I want to migrate... To Qld...
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 01:54:49 AM »

Absolutely, car maufacturers do it all the time for their tv ads "european car shown" "colour shown not available in australia"

BUT

this seller has no disclaimer at all

Also if we assume that the seller is selling as an agent for the US seller then how is "Inspections Welcome" appropriate? Are they going to fly you to the US to check it out?  *.*

Yeah but if you dropped 6 large on this thing - and it turned out to be stuffed - couldn't you use the photo's to demand a machine as represented?

I don't know about the dispute resolution process? Sure I am about the only one on here who doesn't.....  $%$
Why is it called PMS?
Because "Mad Cow Disease" was already taken...