Author Topic: LAH "Ripper" - kickback issues (F9 Fuse) & LHS Flipper  (Read 6037 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
OK clear head this morning.  The magnet control board J2 pin1 is 50 VDC vio/yel and goes to PPB J7 pin 3.  On the ripper kickback vio/yel 50 VDC also goes to PPB J7 pin 3.  Here is the common source, the fault that you have is on the magnet control board, just order and replace the 3 transistors.  Whilst you have the board out reflow the header pins with solder, test the resistors, diodes and the 74HCT273 IC.  Thou I highly doubt anything other than transistors are gone.

You can get the transistors from here.

http://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=17&pg=2

Like I said before very common for these boards to be faulty, anyone with a LAH should at least pull the board out and reflow the solder on the header pins and transistors as matter of prevention.

Awesome!.  Thanks again guys.  I will check Jaycar today (99% they dont have them) otherwise will order during week and update as soon as its done.

On a final note, I was reading about a 'mod' done to the GNR magnet boards to stop them locking on.  Is this something that is advised once I get this problem sorted out.