Author Topic: Help with pricing a Simpsons Pinball Party Please ??  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Help with pricing a Simpsons Pinball Party Please ??
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »
Hello, could anyone give me a valuation on a pinball I have seen.2004 model Simpsons Pinball Party.
CONDITION BELOW:
Playfield excellent but dusty.Translite looks like it needs replacing due to being grubby/marked/scratched..Cabinet has finger wear around flippers.Legs need repainting.Owner wants $5 grand.I feel its a bit much in current climate ??? QUESTION -can new STERN decals for cabinet be sourced or is it cheaper to buy the new stern rails with the metal hand protectors inbuilt.Any pricing help would be great.Thanks.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Hmm, I would guess at $4,000 to $4,250. For $5,000 it would want to be very good.

But what do I know...

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
4-4.5k I would think-great title so good luck..

Peter

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
Agree with the above. Get the new rails, new translite and clean her up. Good as new.

Then again. If it hasn't been looked after, expect some mechanical issues to sort out as well.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne

unshopped  off site  anything 5 ish or less is good

rails 99
translite  129 
full strip and rebuild    thats your time

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
As far as I know the Stern decals are not available to replace either.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
thanks guys....if i cant get it cheap, i will just buy one from mark c......***theres just something about giving ya money to a expert who is also a nice bloke !!....i think its called peace of mind !!..for the extra money, i wont have the headaches !!!.....(now, does that mean i get a discount mark for the kind words !! LOL.)....  #*# $#$ $#$

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline bwodie

• Forum Posts:
4.5-5k

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
thanks guys....if i cant get it cheap, i will just buy one from mark c......***theres just something about giving ya money to a expert who is also a nice bloke !!....i think its called peace of mind !!..for the extra money, i wont have the headaches !!!.....(now, does that mean i get a discount mark for the kind words !! LOL.)....  #*# $#$ $#$

After Mark's crew has done some work on one you are looking at $7,500 for one.

I think $4,500 will still be a decent buy if your mate will let it go for that.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
i will try this weekend again...the guy wants 5 then 4 then 5...then wants to swap..then 4 then 5...see how i go. ^&^

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
i will try this weekend again...the guy wants 5 then 4 then 5...then wants to swap..then 4 then 5...see how i go. ^&^

See if you can catch him in a 4 moment, and hand him the cash straight away. Nothing like money in the hand to convince him to part with it.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I reckon 4 would be a good price, as long as playfield is good and cab not too trashed.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
I reckon 4 would be a good price, as long as playfield is good and cab not too trashed.

Agree. It's a great game, although playing one on Thursday I started to wonder about the ball time - seemed a little too long like a lot of other Sterns.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day

Agree. It's a great game, although playing one on Thursday I started to wonder about the ball time - seemed a little too long like a lot of other Sterns.

An hour per ball isn't too long - at least you can achieve something in that time.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
An hour per ball isn't too long - at least you can achieve something in that time.

Mrs Pinnies4me saw that post and said "see, I told you!"

No idea what she meant though.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”