Author Topic: indiana jones needed  (Read 354 times)

Offline jason76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
indiana jones needed
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:01:26 PM »
Hi guys , im new to this site and looking to purchase my first machine . i really want indiana jones . i think its made in 93 .is this a good choice ,or do u sugest any others . and wat is a reasonable price for this machine.

any information would help

thanx jason

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: indiana jones needed
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
Hi Jason,

IJ is a very popular machine and there are generally available.

What state are you located in?

My best advice is to not necessarily chase a game just because of the theme...unless its a game you've played lots before.
If not, then I suggest heading to one of the dealers and play as many games as you can (of different pins) and see what you keep coming back too!

Re price - depends on quite a few things...If you're happy to learn and work on it yourself - expect to pay $3000+.  For one thats fully done up they seem to go for in excess of $5,000+

Offline jason76

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 09:16:56 PM »
Hi Marty j

I live in sydney an the machine is in qld , how fragile r the mahines during transport, he wants about 3500 does that sound ok

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 09:19:47 PM »
Hi Marty j

I live in sydney an the machine is in qld , how fragile r the mahines during transport, he wants about 3500 does that sound ok

Depends on how they are wrapped!

BUT things can go wrong during transport - ie wires breaking away from solder etc...
Is the pin from a dealer or private sale?

Offline jason76

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »
private seller , im a bit scared as i dont wanna spend all dat$ an not have d pinny workn when it gets here,any tips on purchasing machines

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 09:23:58 PM »
There's one on the NSW central coast for sale for $4200. It used to belong to a member on this forum, and it's a really nice example.

$3500 sounds like a good price. But you'll need to add freight to that. Plus determine the condition compared to the one in NSW.

IJ is an excellent machine, and would be a beauty as your first.

Offline jason76

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 09:26:07 PM »
wat about sttng pinny , which would u purchase if its ur first machine

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:29:21 PM »
Personally out of those 2. IJ, as ST'TNG doesn't interst me as a theme, and the game could potentially be a mechanical nightmare for a newb. Well they all could be i guess. But that game is a little more complex than most.

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »
wat about sttng pinny , which would u purchase if its ur first machine

Tough call....

In Melbourne we are blessed with lots of dealers with great showrooms - with games on freeplay.

Maybe some of the Syd folk can suggest somewhere you can go to play to make your choice?

Offline jason76

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 09:36:02 PM »
cheers guys for d help , dont no  many places to go sydney to try these machines , any suggestions

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »
Hi guys , im new to this site and looking to purchase my first machine . i really want indiana jones . i think its made in 93 .is this a good choice ,or do u sugest any others . and wat is a reasonable price for this machine.

any information would help

thanx jason
  hi jason
if ij is the one u want then go for it.........  I rember my first pin ...  addams family it was the one i wanted back then
there is lots of these machines (ij) arround priced from $3500-6k dont b too worried though repairs usualy cost $200-$300 if theres a problem with the boards but u must b carefull who works on your machine as there are plenty of ''sharks'' rip offs...  I dont have this one but may b one day..cheers. ..DAZ/..