Author Topic: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 35 - Romano  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Romano

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Whyalla; South Australia
Re: Sunday Pinball Questionaire - 35 - Romano
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 06:10:47 PM »

Great read  ^^^

Klondike seems to be on a lot of member's "Wish Lists" !

JUST SOME "Klondike" TRIVIA : In the Australian movie "Sunday too Far Away"[1975], there is a Pub Scene where the Machine "kKondike" is present. "So whats the problem? Its a classic machine..." you say. Well, The machine was released in 1971; the Movie is set in the mid-fifties!

Now I can see the video stores all getting hammered for this title...

Sandro.

Offline jyebow

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland, NSW
  • GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle,
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 11:05:03 PM »
9. KLONDIKE, PLEASE... KLONDIKE. And oh yeah, the chip shop owners also gave away to another member of their familly a Bally "THE RED MAX"... It went 'missing'. Someone in this town has a pinball machine of which only 70 were ever made... I must find this someone! How on earth Whyalla, South Australia ended up with one of these is a mystery.

Great read Romano.
I'm guessing the Red Max may of surfaced in Brisbane. There was one on ebay in april 2006, sold for $1125. The  description read,  Rare only 70 made , Backglass 8+, Playfield 9/10, Cabinet 7+, just been serviced etc.
seller was playwellgames.
Anyway not much help I know but with only 70 made it could of been the one.
Yeah , I do need to get a life. :lol Iv'e kept some notes over the last few years of any pins I've been interested in on ebay.
Anyway your'e questionaire is a great read.
cheers Steve.
GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle, Data East Lethal Weapon 3

pinballist

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:38 AM »
That was a very nostalgic read Sandro, loved to hear these stories.  Lucky you called that old lady before turning up to a kick boxing reception ;)