Author Topic: bossgp hi nice to meet you  (Read 2179 times)

Offline bossgp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
bossgp hi nice to meet you
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
Hi I am bossgp Andrew, AKA maxdriller from ebay from the time I was 6 years old I had  a passion for electronics it started after I welded my fingers together after hooking up a 6 volt bulb to 240 vac, later I built my own system 80 computer from dse there has been many a learning curve for me that was over 40 years ago I am now employed as a Computer consultant, but used to be a Pinball and video game tech around 27 years ago started working at a Brisbane company called Musictime as a junior,there they trained me on mechanical pinballs but things were going too slow for me so I then got a job at A.Hankin & co when they owned the leisure centres both in the valley and upstairs in the city I remember it was top end of Queen street, I worked there for a year fixing all of the machines and games from Sprint II,Clowns,Missile command,Asteroids wow it was fun I then got transfered to the warehouse at Bowen Hills I remember when Orbit 1, Howat ,FJ and Empire strikes back were all brand new and video games Pacman,Rally-x and galaxian were all brand new after Hankins closed the centres I then went to work for both Universal amusements as a service tech and bench tech, Silverball Amusements as a board tech there were many places after I worked for, then went out on my own and operated over 100 machines from Gold coast to Sunshine coast I then sold out and went to work as a QC for a computer company named pc chips in Taiwan, learnt Chinese Mandarin, went on to Uni to study law then travelled and worked in Taiwan, China, Hong kong, distributed home console products for FAR FRONT EAST,CCL and other console disk drives for SNES, MD,ect designed the first adaptor for Master system games to play on gamegear but got screwed by Sega on that one and pcengine to turbo grafx, made many an adaptor made one of the first chips for snes,xbox, ps2 but then lost it all due to cancer after years of chemo and hospitals I made it through and got better ,in the past I have owned many different businesses all to do with consoles, tv games, amusement machines and electronics etc I have had a colourful life so far, I don't take shit from anyone and I'll stand my ground if I am right or for a reason, I don't like people jumping to conclusions or assumptions or people thinking I am a bloody fool or idiot, or telling lies about me or people telling stories with out first getting my side of the story first,people that know me know I am a master at what I do, I'll offer help to anyone that needs it, and go out of my way for you so here goes don't tarnish my brush with others actions or reputations here, there has been shit fights here before that involved me and misinformation so please let's not start anything again as I could be of some use to others should they ask.Thank you and that's my history.Presently in my spare time I help people build up full sized pinball machines based on VP.. keep watching for my new release soon and I have a few normal pinballs Rolling Stones and Kiss.

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: bossgp hi nice to meet you
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
Wow now thats an intro!! Thanks for the detail and im sure all your skills will come in handy for us all ^^^%)% to the forum and hope you enjoy the stay!

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:35:16 PM »
That sure is an interesting (and impressive) background Andrew, and certainly sounds like you could have some very handy knowledge for us newer guys around here. 

You're in Brisbane right?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 09:44:11 PM »

$.$ Andrew and  %)% to AP !

Looks like you bring a lot of experience to the forums, and that's always a good thing. Certainly, you have my vote for the best intro thread that I have read.

Enjoy the forums - sign up for the Questionnaire, it would prove interesting reading, I'm sure !

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=517.0

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:02:16 PM »
Welcome from another Andrew.

Thanks for the intro, sounds like a very interesting career there.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:43:31 PM »
 $.$ and  %)%
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 11:48:24 PM »
Well welcome Aboard Andrew what an entrance and what a great Career you have had Hankin had been and gone before i was even born and you had the chance to work with them ^^^  Definately take the questionaire would love to hear more ^^^

Offline jyebow

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland, NSW
  • GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle,
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »
G'day Andrew  %)% to the forum.
cheers Steve.
GTB Pioneer, Bally Hi-Lo Ace, WMS Space Shuttle, Data East Lethal Weapon 3

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 05:26:20 PM »
I like ya style Andrew, straight down the line....I once had a problem on the "other" pinball forum because of a complete turkey in Melbourne so I know where you are coming from.To date all of the guys on this site seem to be great and i am looking forward to seeing more posts from you.Welcome aboard and excellent to have your imput. #*# %)%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinballahq

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
Hi Andrew and  %)%

Could you please just clarrify for me your association with Mark Schneider / All Pinball / Playwell Games? !@#

Offline SPURR

• Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »
Hi Andrew  <..>  I like a guy that takes no shit  *)*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 11:13:56 PM »
Welcome Andrew, looking forward to seeing your contributions to the forum - seen some already.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline bossgp

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 09:14:50 AM »
Hi Andrew and  %)%

Could you please just clarify for me your association with Mark Schneider / All Pinball / Playwell Games? !@#

My association with Mark Schneider ,All Pinball and Playwell games was just business, all my pinball machines that were stored at his
company are sold and so business has come to an end.
No more to say really.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »
 %)% Andrew

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »
Hi and welcome to AP Andrew . Sounds like you're a valuable member to have on board ....   %)%