Author Topic: EOS switch on Data East + new flipper issue  (Read 2704 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: EOS switch on Data East
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:20:31 PM »
If the EOS is open, then the flipper will barely operate... if at all.

I'd say you are OK to play.

i sorry, but this is massively incorrect.

the games JP going forward had the 'facilty' to reinitiate the hi power 'timed' pulse if the flipper bat was overwhelmed...the reason is correct, raptor shot would overwhelm the then current DE solid state hold ability...the fix was to sense reverse travel (bat giving in) with an EOS and act as if cabinet switch was repressed ...hi power fire--> hold. the system is defeated by shorting, but better performance is achieved as is...i dont know why ops would disable ?

it has nothing to do with flipper power. the timed pulse is always the power stroke so to speak.

on my rocky a ripping orbit will knock the bat down and subsequent drain     @.@  im looking to modify soon !

Yeah Nug, you are correct... I was thinking about the Williams system when I posted that... whoops! @.@

Hope I didn't point you in the wrong direction MartyJ  #$#

Maybe I should go back and re-read the "Theory of Operation" for the flipper board in a DE manual...

Hehe, no probs I'm still ironing out a few minor issues here and there....

If someone with a schematic would be able to let me know which colour should go to the larger lug / smaller lug (or go back to what it was) that would be great!