Author Topic: EOS switch on Data East + new flipper issue  (Read 2744 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: EOS switch on Data East + new flipper issues
« on: November 16, 2008, 03:22:08 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've seemed to have developed a intermittent issue with my flippers.  Whilst playing, the l/h/s flipper just stopped working.  The game reset (on 3rd ball) and back to business.  A few games later, the r/h/s flipper stopped working.  I opened the coin door and the red LED was still flashing when I pressed the button.  Both EOS switches were closed.  The 3rd time it happened I manually opened the EOS switch and let it close and the flipper started working again.. I have gone over the flipper board and cannot find any dry joints and both TIP30c's are getting readings within Marvin's range.

I checked the Q80 on the CPU board, all seems fine.  When going into diagnostics the RY1 relay is opening and closing when it should.  If it was an issue with the relay I would have thought it would effect both not just one flipper.

All flipper componets are new, so I dont suspect any of those either.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

**Forgot to add, the fuse holders look to be quite strong (didn't break off like the other ones)...I may swap these and the TIP30c's as well just for fun and games.  It is the original flipper board too, without the modifications (as per service bulletin).
THe other option is maybe to look into the 520-5076-00 updated board from PinLED.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:35:31 PM by MartyJ »