Author Topic: 8 ball coil problem  (Read 255 times)

Offline pinfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
8 ball coil problem
« on: August 29, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »
Hi guys, turned on my 8 ball last night and smoke was coming from the left kicker coil . My question is in the manual the replacement coil is AR-26-1200 but I only have a AN-26-1200 ,can I use this.What does the AN and AR mean and would there be any damage to the sol driver board. Thanks.

Offline Pinfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: 8 ball coil problem
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:51:37 PM »
Hi guys, turned on my 8 ball last night and smoke was coming from the left kicker coil . My question is in the manual the replacement coil is AR-26-1200 but I only have a AN-26-1200 ,can I use this.What does the AN and AR mean and would there be any damage to the sol driver board. Thanks.

This may help...

http://pinballmedic.net/coil_chart.html
Some people have big HEADS !

Offline Skybeaux

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Central Coast / Newcastle
Re: 8 ball coil problem
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »

I'm sure it would be ok to use the AN-26-1200 coil
More than likely there'd be damage to the driver board ,transistor would be blown ,maybe resistor or diode burnt and possibly 3081 chip damaged also....but you may be lucky and it's just the transistor.