Author Topic: Marco's dam postage  (Read 1232 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Marco's dam postage
« on: August 25, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »
All I want is 2 yellow flipper booties(Banana) rubbers from Marco spec in the USA-postage $40 something?? best they could do was $20 something?? for 2 small rubbers that would fit in a small padded envelope/WTF

Peter

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Marco's dam postage
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »
same problem with 2 x decals
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 11:28:18 AM »
All I want is 2 yellow flipper booties(Banana) rubbers from Marco spec in the USA-postage $40 something?? best they could do was $20 something?? for 2 small rubbers that would fit in a small padded envelope/WTF

Peter

Just did a joint order with other pinheads from Marcos. Crushed decals,broken parts, wrong items and missing items?????? ^&^
5 days and still waiting on a response.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »
Gee they are hard to deal with :D I only buy from the USA if our Ozzie blokes don't have the stuff I'm after-but these guys are really  !!@ me off and I don't normally rant  *.*

Peter ^&(

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:17:40 PM »

marco has been here for last few days  and only left this morning
please allow him a couple of days to answer  when he gets back

mark

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 02:50:17 PM »
could have bought the stuff over with him then eh.

Marco's postage costs are a down right rip off.. its a fact that gets stated over and over again. - shame we didnt know he was here, would have been nice to ask him direct why he charges way more than anyone else at $30 - $40US postage, then when questioned claims a mix up with another order and claims $20 is the best they can do... yep, ive been there, so has Gorgar by the sounds of it... anyone else care to join the "half my original price "club?

I wont deal with them anymore, theres nothing they sell that cant be sourced from other outlets if you shop around

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 04:36:59 PM »
Your right Gav and i think i seen the bannana rubbers on the PBR site yesterday  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 04:42:26 PM »
Your right Gav and i think i seen the bannana rubbers on the PBR site yesterday  ^^^

Will check PBR out for shipping also-if Marco wants to defend there postage cost then I'm waiting..

Peter

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »
I got 3 flipper rebuildkits and a few other bits from pbr $15 took under a week so im sure rubbers wont be much ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 05:09:23 PM »
I got 3 flipper rebuildkits and a few other bits from pbr $15 took under a week so im sure rubbers wont be much ^^^

Is there a $50 minimum order for 1st time buyers from PBR??

Peter

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:44 PM »

Is there a $50 minimum order for 1st time buyers from PBR??

Peter

Yes Peter , there is a minimum order amount for 1st time buyer's .. can't remember how much but its on the PBR website
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 06:16:12 PM »
could have bought the stuff over with him then eh.

Marco's postage costs are a down right rip off.. its a fact that gets stated over and over again. - shame we didnt know he was here, would have been nice to ask him direct why he charges way more than anyone else at $30 - $40US postage, then when questioned claims a mix up with another order and claims $20 is the best they can do... yep, ive been there, so has Gorgar by the sounds of it... anyone else care to join the "half my original price "club?

I wont deal with them anymore, theres nothing they sell that cant be sourced from other outlets if you shop around

Their postage has been a rip off for YEARS. Even the local freight was too high. They lost a lot of customers because of this. They stuffed me around with a Jurassic Park Topper and Early Stern flipper plungers. I HAD to order them from Marcos, as they were the only supplier of the plungers and they STATED the JP Topper WAS IN STOCK.  The only reason I bought from Marco was for the Topper and plungers.

AFTER - I had placed the order and AFTER they took the $$$, they told me the Topper was "no longer available" - and the plungers are now REPLACED with a generic plunger I could have sourced locally. Their emails took 4 days to get answered and the parts suddenly appeared on my doorstep. US$36 for a box of parts 1/2 the size of a shoebox.

I've ordered a box from PBR tenfold the size of the Marco order, for half the shipping cost.

Never again...
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:37 PM »
I once needed a set screw for the Bigfoot head in a WH2O machine.  The screw would be about 3 or 4 mm long........shipping cost $28USD and no they couldn't or wouldn't put it in a plastic zip lock bag thingy and put it in a normal envelope and post it.  Unbloodybelievable. 

Another order......pictured blue JP slingshot plastics - received the red ones which look crap. 

Last order - won a JD ramp on eBay - stated item would be posted same day as payment received (payed about 5 mins after listing ended by Paypal), asked if I could ship other items with it, a couple of days later I got a reply, "yes up to a certain weight"  I asked whether the item had been sent as stated in the eBay listing cause I had just over $100 bucks worth of parts to order.....no reply to that one and the item turned up a few weeks later.

You think I would have learnt by now wouldn't you.   &^&  At least BAA give you jelly beans.   *%*
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 10:15:15 PM by Talby »
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinball-collector

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 10:26:18 PM »
Would be good, if this Marco,, gets to read, this forum..then, he will be aware, that he is pissing off his customers..

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 10:42:13 PM »
I remember the first parts i ever bought cam from marcos i only wanted the gorgar drap target decals and the price was like $80 or something rediculous but for the $80 i could get upto so many pounds of stuff.  Bloody strange way of doing it !@#