Author Topic: Your first pin  (Read 2390 times)

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Your first pin
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2009, 11:59:37 PM »
Gottlieb Black Hole.
Got it at auction for $450 as " easily repairable" yeah right!!

But me and my brother spent a bit of time on it , did the Marvin's mods and fixes and basically got it running ok, it just needs de mylaring and Cab respray now.

Wont get rid of it as it is the cornerstone in my GTB Sytem 80 collection.

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2009, 12:19:16 AM »
Williams Blue Chip about 5 years ago .. still have it .
 Found another one about 6 months after the 1st one, made one good machine out of 2 , fixed the other one (which is how I learnt about fixing EM's) then sold it on Ebay for a small profit

Wasn't that mine at one point?

Yep . The cab and playboard are from that game . The PF and BG from that game are now in the cab I sold to Mark (member name Pict on here).
I recently gave my machine a complete mechanical overhaul and it is plays really well now *%*.

I still haven't managed to clock it though .. closest I've ever come is 980,xxx .. and nowhere near that ever since.

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2009, 11:00:56 PM »
Black Knight (1980) was my first pin. And no i no longer have it.
I bought it back in 1988 for $450. The dick head i was living with stuffed it up on me. one of the wires broke off the coin switch so he tried to put a credit up on it by touching the wire that broke off the coin switch on to one of the flipper wires. That totally killed the cpu board. then i left it with another mate to look after and he shifted house but left it behind. !!! !!!
don't know what ever happened to it.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Pintech

• Forum Posts:
  • Christchurch, New Zealand
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
Stern Cosmic Princess. Rather simple, but none the less, I was a proud pinball owner. Flatmates enjoyed it too. Long gone now, but know exactly where it is.

Offline JD

• Forum Posts:
  • Maitland NSW
  • There's no law against having fun, just yet!
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »
Bally Playboy 1978. Cost me a lot more to restore than I planned but it is a great machine which was my favourite game as a kid! Not planning to sell it either! Had heaps of learnings and fun restoring it over 1 year.

J.D.
There is no law against having fun just yet (but I am sure they are busy are drafting one!)

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »
First pin was a T2 in 1993 or 1994 for just under $1800. Still have it (Sorry I forgot that I'd already posted something ont he thread)

But hey look at the investment oppotunity people keep going on about on ebay. 1993 @ $1800, 2009 @ say $2500 that's $700 bucks over 16 years nearly 40% increase @ 2.5% P/A not a good investment but heaps of fun
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:06:35 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline bossninja17

• Forum Posts:
  • sydney
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
First pin - Gottlieb Aquarius. Bought it at the Sydney Luna Park auction. Still got it. It has been through thick and thin. Nearly got rid of it, instead Mrs Bossninja talked me into getting it repaired, led to meeting up with Michael Shaloub and before I know it I've got 6 more Gottlieb EMs and, as they say, the rest is history.
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 09:52:23 PM »
First pin was a T2 in 1993 or 1994 for just under $1800. Still have it (Sorry I forgot that I'd already posted something ont he thread)

But hey look at the investment oppotunity people keep going on about on ebay. 1993 @ $1800, 2009 @ say $2500 that's $700 bucks over 16 years nearly 40% increase @ 2.5% P/A not a good investment but heaps of fun
where did you get a T2 in 1994 for $1800. that would have been the deal of the year
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 10:21:06 PM »
Stern Cosmic Princess. Rather simple, but none the less, I was a proud pinball owner. Flatmates enjoyed it too. Long gone now, but know exactly where it is.

Out of interest was the in New Zealand? Did Cosmic Princess get to NZ also?

eally cool game by the way  ^^^

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2009, 01:39:53 PM »

where did you get a T2 in 1994 for $1800. that would have been the deal of the year
Leisure and Allied in Collingwood/Abottsford. I think I still have the paperwork so will confirm the year.
Still loving my Metallica Premium