Author Topic: SEGA Batman Forever Problems  (Read 557 times)

Offline daics3522

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
SEGA Batman Forever Problems
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:14:09 AM »
Hi peeps,
I am having a few problems with the SEGA Batman Forever. I reassembled the playfield tonight after stripping it to clean and re-rubber, globe etc, etc......

I have the following issues that I just cant work out:

1. When I turn it on the Ball Lock and Kicker coils continually activate (up to 11 times).
2. The service button (for diagnostics) actually gives credits and the coin door microswitch (credits) does nothing.
3. I cannot access any diagnostics except for Switch Test (comes up automatically when you enter diagnostics)
4. When you hit the Start button (or the extra ball button) it goes into SLAM TILT and turns off

Someone suggested that I may have kinked or crimped a wire but I cannot find anything.

Everything worked fine before I stripped the playfield and put it back together but I cannot for the life of me work it out. Plus not being able to access the diagnostics probably doesnt help me.

Can anyone suggest anything .............. PLEASE ???????
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
Re: SEGA Batman Forever Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:28:05 AM »
Go back and check all your switches mate you have pinched a wire or something is touching metal

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:55:53 AM »
I will check them all again....
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »
Did you remove any connectors from the CPU board and are they key'd and in correctly?

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
Hi peeps,
I am having a few problems with the SEGA Batman Forever. I reassembled the playfield tonight after stripping it to clean and re-rubber, globe etc, etc......

I have the following issues that I just cant work out:

1. When I turn it on the Ball Lock and Kicker coils continually activate (up to 11 times).
2. The service button (for diagnostics) actually gives credits and the coin door microswitch (credits) does nothing.
3. I cannot access any diagnostics except for Switch Test (comes up automatically when you enter diagnostics)
4. When you hit the Start button (or the extra ball button) it goes into SLAM TILT and turns off

Someone suggested that I may have kinked or crimped a wire but I cannot find anything.

Everything worked fine before I stripped the playfield and put it back together but I cannot for the life of me work it out. Plus not being able to access the diagnostics probably doesnt help me.

Can anyone suggest anything .............. PLEASE ???????

The joy of pinball owenership.
Check again as it sounds like you have something touching some metal somewere or get the boyes to come over and do a house call #@# <..>
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 09:22:47 PM »
I have checked every part, every wire, removed the ramps again and nothing is touching.
It is very farkin frustrating.

What else could it be ??

^&^ ^&^ ^&^ ^&^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »
did u touch anything behind the backglass, or only the playfield ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
Did not even open the backglass. I stripped the PF and then reassembled it............

Offline RatBag

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:29:32 PM »
SHOW ME THE MONEY $#$

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:31:02 PM »

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »
What does the CPU board look like? - ie any batt damage.  It may just be coincidence that its decided to shit itself.

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 11:27:11 PM »
Got me totally farked............ I better express my implied warranty on this one or seek a full refund.

Note to self: Gotta stop buying Gibo and Morrie's problems and deal with MarkC I think..........  #@# #@# #@# #@#

Offline RatBag

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:01 PM »
Wasnt any problems with it when it left the shed ,you have created these ones my friend Im afraid,but we will surely buy it back at half the price you paid for it
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:52:42 PM by RatBag »

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »
I am sure one of our WA based pinheads will help an old fellow out in his time of need.

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 12:33:49 AM »
Should be something simple,just going to be a pain in the ass trying to find it.