Author Topic: Stern (early) Backglass Art Needed  (Read 605 times)

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Stern (early) Backglass Art Needed
« on: August 28, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »
I thought I would put this out here, since I have left rgp over all the negative trashing I receive with my direct ink projects. I have no art except for Seawitch, & I could produce many more. Mike Halse received 3 free ones for providing the art package, to give people an idea of compensation.
Another small run of Seawitch will be done in September, & I know the only one sent to Australia arrived safe. I use the boxes & shipping from CPR. So if interested let me know $150 US + shipping, can get CPR stuff in same box.
There has been over 30 glass projects done & most are very happy with the results. See more stuff here: http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/greatwichjohn/
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Re: Stern (early) Backglass Art Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:38:09 PM »
I'm sure your service will be very well appreciated over here John. Thanks for posting. So what do you need in terms of art? Just a scan from the front or do you need the separate layers also?

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »
All art can be any type as long as its cleaned up. It doesn't have to be vector graphics. No one seems interested in the Miss World glass, only did one as test which looks awesome. There will be other glass projects, but some aren't for sale, ie. Paragon, Centaur 2, & some Williams & others.
So if you can scan & clean up the image, just about anything can be done. Still waiting on a license deal with Gene, Illinois Pin Ball. If that happens all early Bally/Williams glass stuff will open up.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 03:48:40 PM »
All art can be any type as long as its cleaned up. It doesn't have to be vector graphics. No one seems interested in the Miss World glass, only did one as test which looks awesome. There will be other glass projects, but some aren't for sale, ie. Paragon, Centaur 2, & some Williams & others.
So if you can scan & clean up the image, just about anything can be done. Still waiting on a license deal with Gene, Illinois Pin Ball. If that happens all early Bally/Williams glass stuff will open up.

Hi John - I have followed your progress with interest and I commend you on your perseverance. There are plenty of machines out there missing backglasses that can benefit from your work.

I have a Galaxy Backglass that I've just sealed. Would it be of assistance if I send you Hi Res pictures ?

How about an intro post to let people know what you have successfully done ;

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0

« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:51:58 AM by Strangeways »
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 10:25:54 PM »
So do you have rights to reproduce EBD backglass??

Just asking  #@#

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 11:16:09 PM »
Welcome John, I'm sure you'll find a lot of interest from us Aussies - we love people having a go, it's in our blood, so I expect just about all will wish you well.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:58:33 AM »
John please let me know if you ever do a run of Nugent Backglasses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »

That would be a great idea.

Stern glasses are notorious for having peeling down the bottom and also peeling and cracking. I think the paint was applied too thin. Other titles worth doing would be Galaxy, Meteor, Ali and Nugent. Sport and Music Collectors would buy the backlasses to mount on the wall.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »
With BGs like Nugent getting the mirror effect right would be a challenge.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 12:41:07 PM »

Hi John - I have followed your progress with interest and I commend you on your perseverance. There are plenty of machines out there missing backglasses that can benefit from your work.

I have a Galaxy Backglass that I've just sealed. Would it be of assistance if I send you Hi Res pictures ?

How about an intro post to let people know what you have successfully done ;

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?board=2.0

I've been reading a lot about John's great work and I am very impressed.  Looking forward to seeing some more work!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 12:45:17 PM »
Hi John,

Good to have you here at Aussie Pinball....saw then sh*t you got on RGP - you wont get anything like that here  *.*

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 12:52:13 PM »
Hi John,

Good to have you here at Aussie Pinball....saw then sh*t you got on RGP - you wont get anything like that here  *.*

I saw those posts as well, and felt for you John. There was no need for that kind of rubbishing!

I recently reconditioned a Nugent for my accountant, and we were having a chat about it last night. The final 2 things he would like done is to have the cabinet re-stencilled, and to somehow get/make a new backglass... His backglass is in not too bad a condition, so could be used to reproduce from. Unfortunately, it is now in storage as he is moving, but once I can get to it, I'll scan it.

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 01:38:18 PM »
I recently reconditioned a Nugent for my accountant, and we were having a chat about it last night. The final 2 things he would like done is to have the cabinet re-stencilled, and to somehow get/make a new backglass... His backglass is in not too bad a condition, so could be used to reproduce from. Unfortunately, it is now in storage as he is moving, but once I can get to it, I'll scan it.

I would love my Nugent fully resto'd someday, alot of my childhood memories attached to this title.

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 03:40:00 PM »

I would love my Nugent fully resto'd someday, alot of my childhood memories attached to this title.

Same for my accountant... He was after one for years, and then finally spotted a non-working one on eBay. Picked it up from Sydney, and brought it straight to me so I could make it like new again.

I did go overboard on that machine... but hey, he looks after me!

Happy to resto yours if you would like... just let me know.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 08:01:07 AM »
I personally can't do much much graphic wise on the computer. So if someone can clean up a scan of early Stern backglasses, to a nice level they can be made quickly by myself. If everything works out you get compensated with free backglasses. My only contributor for art was Mike Halse & his outstanding effort doing Seawitch from a poor glass as a refference.

I love the Paragon art done on film which was shown to Paul Farris at Texas Pinball Festival. David Fixx did the art restore & hopefully CPR does them in the future.