Author Topic: Is this madness or what  (Read 438 times)

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Is this madness or what
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »
Sorry do not know how to put up the link for this.KISS PINBALL on ebay 12000 wanted for an opening bid.Good machine but this price is bullshit,but he has a question from someone who is interested.That will do me its time for a drink.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Is this madness or what
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »
This is a member here, and the game been discussed. Good luck to the seller, you never know what a Kiss fanatic might pay for a pretty (albeit not original) machine.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=2409.0
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:09:14 PM »
12k to some guys is just a week's work.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:12:18 PM »
12k to some guys is just a week's work.

Very true.

We may think that the machine is overpriced, as we are buyers and sellers. We always want cheap machines, but not all of us have the luck that Paul (Rollerball) has  #@#

Good Luck to the seller - KISS fans are fanatical (I've been in the KISS army since 1977) - so all you need is a cashed up KISS collector that wants a great example of a KISS pinny.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 08:21:20 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pinball-Machine-Bally-KISS-fully-restored_W0QQitemZ130327175539QQ for those playing at home.

There is already a strong bite from Darwin.

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 08:54:41 PM »
As said, good luck to the seller but maybe 12K would get around 1996/1997 once the band reformed with Peter and Ace and the hype was at maximum.

Maybe it's worth 12K - I know Stu from Queensland got offered 10K for his and he declined

Maybe if Eric Carr was the drummer (the Fox Rox 1950-1991 R.I.P.) was on the game it would be worth more  :D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 08:31:48 AM by illawarra_steelers »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 08:58:27 PM »
As said, good luck to the seller but maybe 12K would of been got around 1996/1997 once the band reformed with Peter and Ace and the hype was at maximum.

Maybe it's worth 12K - I know Stu from Queensland got offered 10K for his and he declined

Maybe if Eric Carr was the drummer (the Fox Rox 1950-1991 R.I.P.) was on the game it would be worth more  :D

I honestly believe that when KISS disband - the pin will be worth "bigger" money. Same with Hugh Hefner. Playboy and KISS will be "unaffordable".. If I told you how much I've been offerred for one of my fully restored KISS (with IPB playfield), you simply would not believe me.

It is not about the pinball - it is about the theme.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:05:32 PM »
That's all good but say for 12K for one pinball (say KISS in this example) from 1978 you could have 4, 5 or even 6 fully working Bally pins in excellent condition from the same era that are much better to play...I know what I'd rather  #@#

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:45:08 PM »
That's all good but say for 12K for one pinball (say KISS in this example) from 1978 you could have 4, 5 or even 6 fully working Bally pins in excellent condition from the same era that are much better to play...I know what I'd rather  #@#

Ah, yeah, exactly, for most of us this is true! But never underestimate a die-hard KISS fan...

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 09:51:02 PM »

Ah, yeah, exactly, for most of us this is true! But never underestimate a die-hard KISS fan...

Actually for 12K I would expect around 7 or 8 pins from that vintage...but good luck to the seller

Offline ROLLERBALL

• Forum Posts:
  • HEATHCOTE sydney
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »
I think that KISS plays really well..I love it...but only as it was $1500...gameplay not worth $12000
NeRdS   N E R D S

NERDS nerds NErdS

Nerds NERds and P NUTZ

Offline Rod71

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra NSW
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 11:52:25 PM »
I think that KISS plays really well..I love it...but only as it was $1500...gameplay not worth $12000

Yep. One of the reasons i'll never part with mine is because i'd never be willing to part with the silly amount of cash required to get one back.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 03:19:01 AM »
It's not just the KISS pinball that demands big $$$$$-I have a KISS collection that dates back to the early 70's and it freightens me what it's worth-Garbage tins/70's dolls/original sealed vinyl gee I've been offered crazy money and its going no where.

New album out 6/10/09 "Sonic Boom" cant wait.. $#$

Peter

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 09:40:51 AM »
At 12k, I'm guessing the seller is testing the market rather than really wanting to off load his machine. Good luck to him,hope he gets it...............if he does, watch how many kiss pins will be on ebay in the following weeks. %.%

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »
It's not just the KISS pinball that demands big $$$$$-I have a KISS collection that dates back to the early 70's and it freightens me what it's worth-Garbage tins/70's dolls/original sealed vinyl gee I've been offered crazy money and its going no where.

New album out 6/10/09 "Sonic Boom" cant wait.. $#$

Peter

Yeah as long as Paul Stanley has the control that he says he has had in the interviews  *%*

Has to be better than their last release (except for Paul's tracks)