Author Topic: Any interest in a container of pins? Halifax, Nova Scotia to Australia.  (Read 1015 times)

Offline greatwichjohn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
I had a chance to visit my local source of pins in August on my way to AC/DC concert. Most of the early electronic pins are almost all gone. There is still a good amount of 80's & 90's pins there. Waiting to be sold, probably in the Fall or next year on Ebay. They weren't big on cleaning their operated games over the years. So these are well operated pins. The operator is good with taking pictures & I personally trust their business practices with over a 100 pin projects bought from them the last 10 years.

I will offer my services at no charge if there is interest in Australia & if my operator is interested in a bulk deal. This should be a group of guys interested in pins for their collection & not a dealer interested in scoring a final load of pins from my area. We have many shipping companies going through our port & this might be a final chance at getting games before they are gone!

So if there is a group of guys interested, please email me. I will then ask for a complete list of pins & value they want. I figure get pictures & see who wants what. If more than one guy interested, than I will do a draw on that pin. Shipping & brokerage would be based on value of pin.

If everything is ok, I will take time off work & watch the loading of pins into container. This is the best time here just going into Fall, & my operator might be interested in pushing pins out the door. There is some gun games & video's also still left in the warehouse.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline bossninja17

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • sydney
Anyone make any sense of this?
Wanted: GTB Aquarius backglass. Any playfield bits and backglasses from any EMs - nothing is junk to me.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I had a friend who recently made a similar offer and he has actually purchased containers of pins over the years.
I dont know this fellow, but i do know there is a large wholesaler in that specific area.
Cant hurt to make a wish list, just hand over the dollars when u see the pin in australia, if its up to scratch.....or just buy em from Mark C or someone we all know n trust....

needs more looking into..anyone know this fellow ?  !@#
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
anyone know this fellow ?  !@#

John is a well known Canadian pin collector and has been experimenting with direct ink playfield and back glass restoration for quite some time.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Great offer from John to help us Aussies score reasonably-priced project pins.

Now I REALLY wish I was cashed up!!!

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
John it may help to get some interest if you had a list of what pins you can get etc.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
I sent an email Tuesday night to my local big operator. He hasn't responded yet. If they agree to a container load, or more. It would be great for the guys in Australia. I would think most are B titles, with a few A titles. There is still some Gottlieb, Stern, Bally, & Williams early electronic pins. But the local collectors here have purged many of them.

There is other stuff there also. So if I can get them interested, there might be a bunch of choices. The warehouse is over 2 hours away from Halifax, inland away from the coast. With the downturn in North America, they have withdrawn from ebay sales for almost a year.

There is a well known person looking to deal on container by himself (not Wayne). That might be the way to go since most don't know me personally with my short history here. I am a honest guy who loves pinball & torturing myself with direct ink playfield restorations & new backglasses uses films. I have nothing to gain on this deal. Just want to see if I can bridge the market & help out you guys. If not the pins will leave my area anyways.

Like I have said earlier my operator is trust worthy & I can personally vouch for them. I would volunteer to over see the loading just for peace of mind. If it happens they should have no problems listing pins & what they want. Provide pictures of each pin for viewing. So if its a go & the prices aren't good then pass. I will let you know their decision as soon as they tell me.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Thanks John,

I am more than interested in looking at the list

Offline pistolpete78

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisneyland
Sounds very tempting John.  Thanks for the offer ^^^

Will keep an eye open for more details.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Great idea John and thanks for thinking of us .
 I too am very interested to see the list and prices if it eventuates

Cheers
Dave
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
I know there is atleast a container or more of pins & stuff. Available for bulk purchase I believe if there is serious interest. It looks like a personal visit to the warehouse & the operator might be the deciding motivation. If anyone is interested in stopping into Halifax, on their way to pinball Expo. Let me know & I will personally drive you down for a visit. Inspect the pins for a day & see whats there. If you can spare a few days, maybe we can visit the boys at CPR.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
be good to have a beer again  .
and a road trip cool

mark

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
I would be interested in seeing what is available and at what price/s.
Addicted to pins.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
Mark is up for a road trip, & the last time I went to the warehouse I had a few beers in the parking lot. Even if things don't work out with the warehouse. There are lots of guys here that would be interested in thinning out their collection of pins & other stuff to make a container.

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Mark is up for a road trip, & the last time I went to the warehouse I had a few beers in the parking lot. Even if things don't work out with the warehouse. There are lots of guys here that would be interested in thinning out their collection of pins & other stuff to make a container.

road trip and beer    , going to be fun

we are already loading a container at IPB full of pins and parts 
so a few more is always good