Author Topic: Evening all!  (Read 854 times)

Offline tnpshow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Evening all!
« on: September 13, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »
G'day fellas,

Just thought I'd drop in and say g'day  - I recognise so many names from AA and I was wondering where they all went  :D

I'm mainly a vid boy but like so many others have been trying to edge my way into the pin world one step at a time.

I have a (shock horror) digital pinball cabinet which I made from scratch and yes, I know, it just doesn't cut the mustard.

I am currently working on a small project which involves something along the lines of Coconut Island in fact - a PC controlling a real playfield, but I'm doing it with a slight twist. I'll post more info later when I have the project well and truly underway (It's just a pile of parts and autocad drawings now).

Anyway, I really love the late 70's to mid 80s SS pins and right now I have some funds saved to pick up my dream pin - a Bally Flash Gordon. I've seen several on ebay in the last couple of years and haven't had the funds to pick them up. Maybe I'll get lucky this time.

Others on my wish list but not so high in priority is a Mr and Mrs Pacman and a Flight 2000.

Ah well with that out of the way - I just wanted to say  $.$

Cheers

Terry

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Evening all!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »

$.$ Terry and a big  %)% to AP !

VERY interested in you project - and I look forward to your updates.

Flight 2000 is a VERY hard title to track down - Best of the luck with that - but you never know when one will "pop up"..

^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »
Big welcome Terry. As one of the guys who worked on the CI project, I'm really keen to see what you put together - at one time I thought all that would be left for pinball in ten years would be guys making their own games, although things look a lot better these days, so maybe not. But it's still an area for development, so looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 11:28:43 PM »
Hi Terry, welcome to AP!

Another person with a pinball building project... I like it   ^^^

I'm starting work on building a pinball from scratch as well (this is news to everyone here  &&), designing my own circuit boards, operating system, playfield, and anything else that needs to be done!

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 07:32:37 AM »
Hi Terry,

Cool introduction and great to have you here  ^^^

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 09:18:08 AM »
Welcome aboard, Terry, great to have you as part of AP. (Yes, there are quite a few who are involved in both.)

Good luck with finding your first pin - Flash is pretty popular so you will need some dollars for that one.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 09:55:55 AM »
 %)% Terry