Author Topic: Random reset on LAH (fixed!)  (Read 7712 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Random reset on LAH
« on: November 23, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »
OK further testing has revealed the following:

(a) in diagnostics mode if either flipper button pressed on its own...just reports that flipper button...
(b) in diagnostics mode if left flipper button pressed (with spinner switch activated) reports left flipper + ball trough 7 switch
(c) in diagnostics mode if right flipper button pressed (with spinner switch activated) reports right flipper + ball shooter switch...

There has been a wiring hack which I suspect may have caused the issue....If someone can let me know if above is NOT correct in diagnostics then also what wiring should come off trough 7 and to where and wiring from ball shooter switch (one which ball rolls over )...

I will have a look at the schematics I got but I have a bit of a hard time understanding it...I will take a photo of the hack and upload soon...

#$# (shrugs shoulders at some operators who do this)

OK hack as follows (!)

The yellow wire (non std) goes from the NO of trough 7 switch, straight to the NO of ball shooter switch, then via the hack at the plug to CN8?
From looking at the schematics (from my translation) it looks as if this is correct...

However, I have found a loose wire which connects off like a dumb terminal from the underside of the PF...It could just be a loose wire but I don't know if its a hack or not.  There does not appear to be a colour banding on this.  The other two wires on the other lug is white / red (which I think is switch returns).  The one from the spinner is white orange which both go to C10.... I cannot find a schematic for under PF wiring such as this either..I'm trying here but starting to get a little  ^.^

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 08:41:55 PM by MartyJ »